Need advice to find good DAW software

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sean121

Babyface
Hi there, I'm just getting back into home recording and music composing and I have been researching DAWs for a Windows 10 (64 bit OS).

I really like the Studio One interface, but I am just curious to know if it is possible to download a song from GarageBand in a format that can be edited in Studio One? Is this possible?

It should be. But the only way you’d be able to edit anything other than overall (eg you can’t change levels of individual instruments if you don’t export each individual instrument separately) is to export each individual track as a wav file.

If Studio One supports MultiTrack mixing/editing (not all DAWs do) then exporting individual tracks/stems from Garaband would work. Pretty sure that Garageband can export in Wav format (or other lossless).

Think it depends on what you want to use for what purpose. For the recording and mixing you'd need a multitrack editor. But if you want to polish up or boost the mixed track you might want to look at separate Mastering software for that. Even handier if your DAW supports VST, then you can run a lot of these mastering tools as plugin inside the DAW. Some of them give spectacular results, so I can recommend.

I do remixes (also U2 :rockon:) and have been searching a lot as well. I use Spleeter AI for stem separation and Audacity as DAW to mix or replace vocals. I use a bunch of Tokyo Dawn Records plugins and Ozone (Izotope) to boost the final track.

I disagree. I had it. Thought it was clunky. I prefer Logic to the rest.

Back
Top Bottom