Need a Nintendo Wii?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JCOSTER said:
Would someone please let me know where I can get one?? My boys would like it for christmas. Thanks!!!:wink:

Do you have an EB Games or Gamestop nearby? That's where I got mine, first day I went out looking back in May. From what I gather talking to the salespeople, they get a weekly shipment of them, only a few, but they have the most consistent supply. If you go in and ask, I'm sure they'd tell you when they usually get their shipments in. Otherwise, keep checking the usual stores, Target, Circuit City, Best Buy, etc., especially keep an eye out in their weekly ads. If they have them in the ads, there will be at least a couple at the store, since it's required of them to actually have them if they advertise them. Most of all though, stay persistent, you'll get one pretty quick if you keep your eyes open.

Good luck! :up:

JCOSTER said:
Would someone please let me know where I can get one?? My boys would like it for christmas. Thanks!!!:wink:
I dont know what the situ is like in the US, but in the UK theyre out as soon as they arrive in shops. Dont leave it to chance, reserve one NOW if you want one.

I found a site called wiialerts.com that is supposed to e-mail/text you when Wii's for whatever stores you select from their list is available. can't vouch personally if it works or not as I wasn't near my computer when I got my first e-mail alert. but I've been reading that Amazon gets a weekly shipment (I think Wednesdays?)and they're usually gone in about a half hour or so online. I saw a Wii at Target back in October and I remember remarking to myself, wow, they have a Wii in stock. did I get it? Nope :tsk:

Cool stuff.

So I don't need to own a total of 4 remotes? I could use just one? ...for Tennis (4 players)?

Oh yeah, Wii sports all have Vs computer options. :yes:

so 1 needed. But obviously, if you want to pay against peeps, you'll need more than 1. You'll also need a nunchuk for the boxing game, but I think the wii comes with one anyway.

By the by, if you dont already know, new Wiis are being shipped with rubber wii remote cases for extra safety, but those who bought a wii before these were included can order up to 4 absolutely free here.

http://wii.nintendo.co.uk/22686.html

Havent recieved mine yet, but plenty of peeps have told me they have. You just need your serial number.

I've been wanting a Wii for awhile now. But I did the responsible adult thing and bought a dining room table for my new apartment instead :sad:

Goddamn.

Wii has been out for a year, how can it still be so hard to get?

And why can't Nintendo supply enough of them?

And fuck these people who buy all of them up and then put them on ebay for twice the retail price. You deprive people of being able get a wii and then you make the desperate ones pay twice the retail price.

Damn.

I don't know if I posted this before, but here it goes...
If you live in the States, check Target's ad for that weekend, the ad comes out on Thurdays, I believe. If the are advertised on that ad, the store will have them available....but not many...prob 3 or 4.:|

I spoke to an employee, and she told me that they have them in stock, but they are in such small quantities that they keep them for the weekend ads.

Btw, thanks for the 411 MooMoo.:)

MooMoo! said:
I dont know what the situ is like in the US, but in the UK theyre out as soon as they arrive in shops. Dont leave it to chance, reserve one NOW if you want one.

Going into NYC to try and get one at a place called Nintendoworld where they daily shippments. The situation is the same here though. :(

namkcuR said:
And fuck these people who buy all of them up and then put them on ebay for twice the retail price. You deprive people of being able get a wii and then you make the desperate ones pay twice the retail price.

Damn.

The thing that bothers me is that Nintendo has to know this is happening. The Wii is the most desirable video game system this year for many people, largely because of its reasonable price. I'm not the most business-minded person, but I can understand why in the early days Nintendo wanted to make fewer than were being demanded. Now, though, there are probably some people looking for a Wii for the second holiday season in a row, and if they can't find one, they're either going to get desperate and turn to ebay or give up altogether. Either way, they're not going to be happy about it, and that's why I don't think Nintendo's strategy is going to be good for them in the long run.

Can you tell I'm gearing up to teach business writing next semester? :wink:

I can't stand how they label the Wii's "With 5 sports game FREE!" or something like that. We know betterit's Wii Sports and it's supposed to come with the Wii. :eyebrow:

Searched all over NYC today. Nothing!!!! Got back on the train and decided to trek to various gamestops in my area. Walked into a Gamestop 10 minutes from house. There were boxes behind the register. I said to my husband at least lets get the game my son wanted for the wii and will just have to get it after christmas. My husbands says, you wouldn't happen to have any wii would you? The guy says let me check these boxes. The first one he opens has WIIS. I couldn't believe it. I was so relieved.
I guess you just have to have luck and hit a store at the right time.

I went shopping for one today. They're all about $350+ dollars here. I decided I'm going to use a friend to try to get a discount at a particular store tomorrow.

I must admit that I couldn't take it so I bought Mario Galaxy ...so I could stare at it. :reject:

I'd love a Wii, but I really shouldn't spend the money on one right now, so I haven't been knocking myself out trying to hunt one down.

JCOSTER said:
Searched all over NYC today. Nothing!!!! Got back on the train and decided to trek to various gamestops in my area. Walked into a Gamestop 10 minutes from house. There were boxes behind the register. I said to my husband at least lets get the game my son wanted for the wii and will just have to get it after christmas. My husbands says, you wouldn't happen to have any wii would you? The guy says let me check these boxes. The first one he opens has WIIS. I couldn't believe it. I was so relieved.
I guess you just have to have luck and hit a store at the right time.

:hi5: You're right, it's all about luck! Your son will be so excited! :D

Well, the Wii can play gamecube games, so you get the best of both worlds. ;)

Its novel and fun, especially if you get Wi-Fi for it. (If you have Wi-Fi at home than you're pretty much sorted) you have channels, like news and weather, which are actually quite handy, a browser, not that you really need that though, and other things like voting channels. I havent been on the Wii lately as my brother has it, so there may now be more channels. :)

I can guarentee though, Wii Sports will keep you occupied far far longer than you'd expect. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom