MacBook Troubles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kramwest1

has a
Has anyone else been experiencing Superdisk drives and internal HD problems with their white MacBooks?
I have 3 (we run a small company), and the one we purchased in Late 2007 is the worst. The burner has died once and the replaced drive is now dying and the internal HD just died on Monday. The white MacBook that I bought in May 2007 is okay so far but the burner drive is weak at best. The newest white MacBook that I bought in Dec. 2008 is fine so far, but now I'm worried.

That said, I have read through Apple's discussion site for other responses and solutions, but I wanted to know what U2ers are experiencing.

So, the main thing I've learned is that you can't set up your Time Machine option fast enough. That saved my ass with the internal HD fry.

Thoughts?

Mark

I have a white Macbook from May 2007, and the burner drive was replaced last year, but I haven't had problems since. I also change my HDD's fairly often, so I haven't had one in it for more than a year and a half, and never had the original drive that it came it in it at all.

I bought a MB Pro this summer before the new models came out and my superdrive failed, too. The new one runs much smoother than that one ever did. Hard drive's been fine though.

Good thing it was under warranty.

My Macbook just crashed about an hour ago. For the second time in a year.
I had just gotten the outside plastic covering repaired too. Not to mention that I lost my stuff. I had JUST been thinking, "wow I need to back this up I'll do that soon" :banghead:

My Macbook just crashed about an hour ago. For the second time in a year.
I had just gotten the outside plastic covering repaired too. Not to mention that I lost my stuff. I had JUST been thinking, "wow I need to back this up I'll do that soon" :banghead:

Ugh. Sorry. No matter what the computer--back up, back up, back up.

Now our "problem" Macbook is randomly crashing when it's running only on battery power. I hope Apple has a lemon law. I love Apples, but I've bought 2 different product lines now that have been just short of crap. I still think that even with that rate Macs are better than PCs. It would be nice to see an Apple clone give them a little bit of competition though.

Mark

If I'm remembering Apple's "lemon" rule correctly, I believe it has to be in three times for hardware issues, and it might have to be the same issue, but that part I'm not positive on. I do know that people on MacRumors would know for sure though.

Apple is notorious for trying to not cover problems that are clearly covered under warranty as well, just as a heads up. They'll find any excuse (a scratch or dent, any little cosmetic thing) to try and claim that it was abused, and therefore, not covered. Don't get me wrong, I love the OS on Macs, but lately, Apple's business practices have become just as bad as Microsoft's in a lot of ways.

Back
Top Bottom