Mac Book question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
So I am going to get the black unit and I have a Dell Inspiron 1000 laptop with my iTunes files inside, will I be able to transfer those into to it?

Also, anyone that has one, can you please provide any tips or recommendations???
*this would be my first apple computer*

thanks guys

product-black.jpg

Yep, I did this recently, I put the songs in a shared folder on the Windows side, then from the iBook side I logged onto that network and folder and just grabbed them.

Pretty untechnical answer, I know, but if you look in the mac help there is a thing on 'how to share my Windows folder with a Mac' or something similar, pretty straight fwd..

Check out:

"Connecting to Windows computers and servers from your Mac"

and

"Transferring music from a Windows computer"

I've never personally gone to the workshops, but depending on your local Apple Store, they could be great, or awful.

I wouldn't pay for the $100 1 on 1 thing. Most of what they're going to teach you, you can learn on your own.

www.macrumors.com is a great site. Their forums are fantastic for getting questions answered.

Great link, thanks!

I see that they are probably coming with a new MacBook, that will be out this summer :hmm:
I guess I can waiy a couple of months.

"Appleinsider claims that the current MacBook and MacBook Pro designs will be retired and are expected to see "major design changes" in their next revision.

The consumer MacBook line is expected to transition from plastic enclosures to aluminum and stainless steel, which are reportedly more "eco-friendly".

The MacBook Pro will share a similar design transition to bring it in line with existing iMac and MacBook Air designs.
Though precise details are admittedly limited given the ongoing revision process, it's presumed this will include instances of matte black on portions of the casings, oversized trackpads, and the adoption of the MacBook Air's keyboard by the MacBook.

Appleinsider points out that the MacBook has not seen a major case redesign since its introduction in May 2006. Meanwhile, the MacBook Pro continues to share a very similar design to the Aluminum PowerBook G4 which was introduced in 2003.

The new designs are expected to accompany the Montevina platform launch in June of this year. Montevina promises faster front-side bus speeds (1066MHz) over existing models (800MHz) and slightly faster Penryn processors (2.26-3.06GHz). "

No problem!

My rule has been and always will be that if you absolutely need the computer, buy it. There's no use waiting for the "next thing" when there will always be a new computer or technology coming out. But, if, like you said, you can wait, definitely do it.

And, always keep in mind that those stories are just rumors. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom