Laptop problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

floweravalanche

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Where the streets have no name, In God's Country,
I don't know what is going on with my laptop, but it tends to flicker now, and my fan makes weird loud noises, than stops and starts again and get louder. Id on't know what is wrong and if this means I have to get a new one? I really don't have the money at the moment to get one. Any suggestions? Ideas? Etc? Any help would be great! I want it to last at lest until Dec when this semaster starts!

Years ago I had a Sony VAIO that started to flicker and then the screen died about 2 weeks later.

However your noises sound like it's another sort of problem altogether.

If the screen is flickering it can be several things. The backlight may be going out, there may be a wiring issue inside, or if your power cord is not making a good connection the screen can flicker (b/c most are set to dim the screen when running on battery power).

The fan could be jammed with dust.

Yeah I know I had a friend fix it the fan and what not he cleaned it and all, but still have problems.

Like you said flickering can be anything.

Should I get a new laptop? or should I wait until this one says it's last goodbyes.

It's an HP pabillion and I've had it for about 3 years now.

Does it flicker if you unplug the power and just run it on battery?

I also have a 3 year old HP Pavilion, it's running great, just installed Windows 7 Professional on it yesterday.

If it flickers while plugged in, unplug it for a while and see if it still flickers. Is it actually flickering black, or just dimming on/off quickly?

I've had my dv2050 in twice for repairs (first for the motherboard issue that it seems like they all had).

My laptop sometimes makes weird noises too. When I had it on standby modus and want to go back, it sounds like there is a ping pong ball rolling. I hope there's nothing wrong cause it's 4 years old... :crack:

I not to familar with those maybe someone else may know? :shrug:

Now this has nothing to do with my laptop, but i have sound issues with my desktop sometime we have sound and sometimes we don't, sometimes it says no sound driver and stuff along those lines, I'm not sure how to fix that. Anyone know how?

Back
Top Bottom