Just for fun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha. I have the Comcast triple play (cable, internet, phone) for $99/mo - a good deal imo. I'd recommend looking into that.

Already posted my home, this is work:

Slower download but a little faster upload - like I said, RR needs to up the upload end!

:bump: i'm bored.

1303250794.png

F+

How can that be? If I was unable to watch videos or if things took forever to load, then I'd believe it, but everything is really fast. :scratch: Believe me, I know what an F-rated internet connection is like; we had dial-up until just last year.

It's fascinating to see different people reacting to their own and other people's internet speed, some super low speeds are extremely fast to some people and other medium to high speeds can be super low to other people. You are fine as long as you have 1MB-download, in my opinion.

And don't forget the Japanese, they have had 1GB download speeds since 2004 and keep growing.

http://www.techjamaica.com/forums/s...GB-internet-connection-now-available-in-Japan

:bump:

Just thought that it might be fun to see how much the internet has changed in 3 years. As we probably all have a different connection than we had back then, I'm curious how much faster it has become. Just fixed our wifi up tonight, figured out my laptop works in the 5 gigahertz range. :D

3105596651.png

Yeah, we went from low end cable to glass fiber when they offered a free connection a year ago. Pretty damn happy with it. :D

Not too bad, considering I have just a basic broadband connection.
(It was 49 Mb/s :down: and 42 Mb/s :up: at work though)

I just got a new (again basic) Internet connection at home. These are my new results:

It feels fast enough for me. For now... :)

I just got a new (again basic) Internet connection at home. These are my new results:
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3105632965

It feels fast enough for me. For now... :)

Hah! Not bad. What's the price point for basic service over there?

The cheapest over here for reliable/true 25down/10up with 300gb monthly cap (no cap between 2-6am) is $40 CAD. I find this a great deal, as I can easily set my downloading on a scheduler an even with streaming Netflix for hours at a time I can't approach 300gb.

Hah! Not bad. What's the price point for basic service over there?

The cheapest over here for reliable/true 25down/10up with 300gb monthly cap (no cap between 2-6am) is $40 CAD.

I'd have to look it up, but my 30 Mbs down (and probably also 10 Mbs up) is about the same I think (€25 or $40 CAD). Not sure if we have a cap. I don't think I get near that anyway.

I'd have to look it up, but my 30 Mbs down (and probably also 10 Mbs up) is about the same I think (€25 or $40 CAD). Not sure if we have a cap. I don't think I get near that anyway.

I've been bleeding money on home media services. This new product I've signed up for is a step in the right direction.

I also cut my cable and am using an HD antenna for network TV....so far have not received a divorce summons so I'm counting it as a success! :lol:

We don't have caps here on cable/glassfiber. :) That was the case on old skool ADSL modem internet, and is sadly now on phones as well.

Back
Top Bottom