iTunes S.O.S ~ setting up 2nd account on same computer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Purplereign

Loungeroom Dancing Queen
where I can Breathe . . . and it's Magnificent
Hiya

Santa was generous this year and the kidlets (1,2 and 3) all received a nano for Christmas.

Naturally, having an extra 3 apple products in the house takes my original iTunes account over the 5 device limit, so I have set up a second iTunes account (using a new user id and password etc) for the kidlets on my home computer.

My query ~ why, when I open the new account do all of the songs, videos, apps that are in my old account show up? and, will I lose all of my existing library if new devices are synced to this new account? I guess I assumed that opening a new account would give me a 'clean slate' so to speak :crack:

For what it is worth the information bar along the top shows my new account name ~ any help at all would be much appreciated . . . I have hit a few of the blogs out there but can't seem to dig up anything of any use.

Ta muchly

x pr :)

1) Open iTunes on your computer while holding down the "Shift" key.

2) Select "Create Library" from the pop-up dialogue box that appears.

3) Create a name for the new library and click "Save." iTunes will open the newly created library.

4) Click the "Edit" tab of the menu bar and go to "Preferences."

5) Go to the "Advanced" tab and uncheck the box next to "Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library" if you do not want iTunes to automatically copy files from the original iTunes library into the new one. Click "OK." Add songs to the library by going to "File" in the menu bar and then "Add File to Library" to search your hard drive for music.

6) Connect to an iTunes account by clicking on "iTunes Store" in the sidebar and then "Sign In" in the upper right.

7) Access the second iTunes library and account in the future by pressing the "Shift" key as you open iTunes, clicking "Choose Library" and selecting the second library from the list.

Ehow : How to Set Up Two iTunes Accounts on One Computer | eHow.com

If it's any help I find setting up separate user accounts on your Windows or Mac for each user in the house much easier than trying to split things up in every program you all use.

If it's any help I find setting up separate user accounts on your Windows or Mac for each user in the house much easier than trying to split things up in every program you all use.

I was going to suggest that too. I use a 'guest' account on windows for my brother that doesnt have a computer or itunes so he can update his ipod touch without disrupting any of my stuff.

I was going to suggest that too. I use a 'guest' account on windows for my brother that doesnt have a computer or itunes so he can update his ipod touch without disrupting any of my stuff.
Windows is kind of lame in the fact that you have to make all the accounts as 'Administrator' status, then copy the shortcuts for the programs you want to use for each one to the desktop of each account, then go back to the main account and make all the other accounts 'Standard User' again.

Still, works great once set up.

Hmm I dont think I had to do that, Itunes was already on the guest account as never being set up so I just started him off from scratch and backed up all his stuff there.

Back
Top Bottom