Issues with my iPod...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flybabe

Blue Crack Addict
Well I have had my iPod since November of `07 and I have used it A LOT so I don`t know if this has anything to do with the battery or what,but just recently I have tried hooking it up to my computer and nothing is happening. Normally when I do hook it up it says 'Connected' but it isn`t even doing that. I`m not sure what the hell is going on with it and I have even went to Apple.com and still couldn`t find anything on it,I don`t even think It has anything to do with the computer either cause I had just charged it like two weeks ago...Could someone please tell what the problem might be?!
Cause I seriously need some info or help...:scream:

hmm. Odd. What model is it? (video, etc)

Have you tried resetting it? (hold the menu and center button for a few secs)

Is the computer recognising it? The wire loose? :/

No! that is another thing! It says it cannot recognize it,WTF?
Oh and it`s an 80g Classic,and yes I have reseted it twice...

:scratch:

If its not turning on, AT ALL, the only thing I can think of is the battery is duff, or its short circuited. :huh:

If it turns on, but wont plug in, I'd assume the plug or wire for the USB is iffy.

You can buy batteries, and install them yourself, but Id try and google to see if anyone else has the same problem (you dont want to go buying one if its not that). If its common, usually the company will do some sort of fixing amnesty.

Good luck with it. :)

Well they can replace it at Apple or on the site if you send it in to them though I`m not sure how that works...:|

The thing is,I don`t have an Apple store locally,there is one in Atlanta I know of though. But it is a bit of a way to go to get there...

Well, try if the cable connects first, it might not say connecting, but what about the battery? Does it charge the battery when you connect to the pc or does it do nothing?

Otherwise, try using a normal AC adapter, does the ipod charge there? If so, there's something wrong with the pc, could perhaps be fixed by reinstalling itunes.

If not, it might be the cable, those are relatively cheap to get so worth the try. Otherwise if you have, or know someone who has, a docking station, you could try charging trough there to be sure wether it's the cable or the ipod.

If none of this works, it might be the battery, so the only way to fix that would go to an apple store and let them fix it.
I wouldn't try that yourself, it's a big risk.

Well, try if the cable connects first, it might not say connecting, but what about the battery? Does it charge the battery when you connect to the pc or does it do nothing?

Otherwise, try using a normal AC adapter, does the ipod charge there? If so, there's something wrong with the pc, could perhaps be fixed by reinstalling itunes.

If not, it might be the cable, those are relatively cheap to get so worth the try. Otherwise if you have, or know someone who has, a docking station, you could try charging trough there to be sure wether it's the cable or the ipod.

If none of this works, it might be the battery, so the only way to fix that would go to an apple store and let them fix it.
I wouldn't try that yourself, it's a big risk.

I don`t have and AC adapter either,and I just bought another cable just a few months ago for it cause the other one got shredded (long story),and I`m sure as heck not taking the battery out myself,you`ll totally ruin it then.
I`m thinking it might be that battery,but I don`t have a clue as to what that problem would be...The thing is,when you hook it up to the computer it cuts the iPod on but that is all it does and it cuts on as if you turn it on yourself. It normally says connected but it is not doing anything at all... I have used it alot since I first got it,and probably my only resort will either be replacing the battery or buying a new iPod. That is unless places like Radio Shack replace iPod batteries?

Well, but it does turn the ipod on. Check the battery indicator when hooked up to the pc, does it give you a charging sign or nothing at all?

hm, but this must mean the cable does work. Otherwise it wouldn't turn on like that.
I think the battery is the problem, I'm not sure where to get it replaced. Perhaps it really is safer to take the trip to the applestore, or otherwise I think there was something that you could get it picked up or send it by mail if you're too far away from one. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom