ipod vs sansa mp3 player

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tripletmom

The Fly
Someone recently broke into my car and stole my U2 Ipod so I am looking to purchase a new one. I looked at the Sansa disc MP3 player which is significantly cheaper and has received good reviews. I wondered if anyone had experience with an MP3 player (pros/cons). I don't know how easy it is to download music ( I had used limewire in the past), videos, etc.
Any advice appreciated before I purchase another device.

Phil and I have five or six Sansas, a few different models. Neither of us has ever used an iPod and probably never will. Our Sansas are all woot.com refurbs. I have a few of the basic 1-2 GB ones with just the glow screen thing, and then we have two newer/bigger ones that look like iPods and have the bigger color screens and the wheel thing for volume and scrolling. Didn't pay more than $15 for any of them and have yet to have one break down besides a dog eating it. I prefer them because you can drag-and-drop like most other USB devices. No third party app (like iTunes) required to copy or "sync" (though you can use these apps to sync, you just don't have to).

One of my mp3 players however has started to act strange. It plays the songs...but say I'm listening to No Line on the Horizon, as in this is the song I hear. If I look at the screen, it might say Fez - Being Born

I have checked the songs on the computer and when I select the song, it plays the correct song. But you still do hear the music so I don't complain.

Back
Top Bottom