ipod question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl91289

War Child
I don't know where else to ask for help about this, especially considering that apple is being annoying right now. So here's the deal: I have a 2-month old ipod nano. It works fabulously BUT I initially installed it and all my music onto my Gateway desktop computer, and am now trying to switch everything to my new Dell notebook before I leave for college on Monday. I can't seem to figure out how to just upload/import the music on my nano directly onto my itunes library. So, right now I am importing all of my CD's into the newly installed itunes on my notebook, BUT the library isn't showing the name or album or artist or anything like that once I upload an album. Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially since I'm in a bit of a push for time. Thanks!

U2girl91289 said:
So here's the deal: I have a 2-month old ipod nano. It works fabulously BUT I initially installed it and all my music onto my Gateway desktop computer, and am now trying to switch everything to my new Dell notebook before I leave for college on Monday. I can't seem to figure out how to just upload/import the music on my nano directly onto my itunes library.

Download EphPod. When you have your iPod connected, it will bring up your iPod music library in the program. It has been a while since I used it (my lovely iPod died a few weeks after my warranty expired - isn't that nice!) but I believe that if you double click the songs, they will get transferred to your iTunes library. I seem to remember being able to do a whole bunch at one time as well. But make sure that you have "Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library" selected in your iTunes preferences, otherwise the songs won't stay in your iTunes library.

http://www.ephpod.com/

U2Man said:
How long is the warranty period of an iPod?

I think a year and one or two months? I'll have to check. In any case, I bought my iPod using birthday money. It arrived in May of 2005, if I recall correctly, and stopped working in June/July of 2006, after which point the warranty had expired. That's the last time I waste CDN $400 on something that's only going to last a year.

EDIT: Okay, it's a year!

Did you mishandle it in any way or did it just break?

Was it the 30 Gb version?

I cannot believe the amount of stories you hear about iPods that break. :madspit:

U2Man said:
Did you mishandle it in any way or did it just break?

Was it the 30 Gb version?

I cannot believe the amount of stories you hear about iPods that break. :madspit:

I didn't mishandle it in any way. It was working fine until boom, one day, the click wheel just stopped working. It went on like this for a couple of days. I decided it would be wise, at that point, to transfer all the stuff I was too lazy to transfer from my iPod to my computer. Plugged it in like I always did and nothing... The iPod acted as though it wasn't plugged in. Didn't start charging, didn't show up in iTunes. I tried it on my sister's computer and it failed to recognise the iPod there either. It always had done so before. I couldn't even charge it using the standalone firewire charger. 400 bucks down the drain, just like that!

It was the 20 GB black and white screen U2 iPod.

I didn't believe half those stories...until it happened to me. :sad:

GibsonGirl said:

The iPod acted as though it wasn't plugged in. Didn't start charging, didn't show up in iTunes.

If you haven't checked ipod forums, they might have some solutions for this.

Ok, once the ipod is first plugged in to the computer, the ipod is mastered to that computer....That means that the Ipod would only normaly work on that computer only..That has happend to my ipod before and i asked my computer guy..There is also another reason...If the ipod has no battery, charge it for like 10 minutes, a no battery ipod doesnt work on computers.. if the second reason doesnt work... email me at guitars2424@aol.com because it is easier if i explain on an email..

GibsonGirl said:

I didn't mishandle it in any way. It was working fine until boom, one day, the click wheel just stopped working. It went on like this for a couple of days. I decided it would be wise, at that point, to transfer all the stuff I was too lazy to transfer from my iPod to my computer. Plugged it in like I always did and nothing... The iPod acted as though it wasn't plugged in. Didn't start charging, didn't show up in iTunes. I tried it on my sister's computer and it failed to recognise the iPod there either. It always had done so before. I couldn't even charge it using the standalone firewire charger. 400 bucks down the drain, just like that!

It was the 20 GB black and white screen U2 iPod.

I didn't believe half those stories...until it happened to me. :sad:

If you got that ipod at a Mac store, grab your receipt and the ipod and go to the mac store...they will give you a brand new ipod (and they will take the broken one) they will give you a free ipod..thats happend to me before..I dont think they even care about warranty..well they didnt for me:wink:

or you could just get another free ipod if you bought it from the mac store and still have the receipt..:wink:

Back
Top Bottom