iPod protection plan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arw

Blue Crack Addict
I just got an email from Apple saying that I only have a few more weeks to purchase the protection plan for my iPod. I bought my iPod last May. The plan is only good for 2 years after the purchase of my iPod, so now I only have 1 year left.

Did anyone buy the protection plan? Do I really need to spend $59 for something that will only cover me for a year? What happens if I have a problem after this expires next year?

What happens after? You get a new excuse to go buy a new iPod :happy:

Kidding aside most protection plans don't really protect you from much. Sorry that really doesn't help answer the question. I never bought a plan and I don't feel that I ever needed one. My friend, however, has gone though SEVEN (yes you read that right) iPods and she has sent every single one of them back to the Apple folks. :crazy: Sometimes I wonder if she's using them as skipping stones across the lake.

Cleasai said:
Sometimes I wonder if she's using them as skipping stones across the lake.

:lmao:

I don't know about with ipods, but my brother bought a PSP and didn't purchase the protection plan. A month later his buddy said he really should have, so he went in and purchased it. I believe it was around $50. A week later he went into the store and traded it in for a brand new one because he had a scratch on the screen that would bug him. He didn't even have to ship it off or anything... that sounds like a special case, I'm not sure if Apple is as liberal with the replacements. Not to mention the hassle of transferring all of your mp3 files may not be worth trading your ipod in for a scratch.

apple is super-liberal with replacements.

I had a problem with my iPod, and within five business days, I sent it in, waited, and got a brand new one.

Just get a new iPod after a year.

Back
Top Bottom