iPod album artwork straight to iPod?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PookaMacP

War Child
I've purchased within the last two months a 30gb iPod (with video, photo, etc). My laptop however has two log-ons. One where I store all my work and my music, the other where I can connect to the internet (I can't connect through the first one). All of my music is on the first log-in, as I said, so I can't connect through iTunes to get album artwork that way.

Is there any way that I can connect my iPod itself to iTunes when I'm connected to the internet and download album artwork straight to it rather than doing it through iTunes?

why on earth cannot you connect to the internet through the first one :confused:

If you see the artwork in iTunes it should transfer right to the iPod when you copy songs onto it, regardless of whether you can get to the internets or not.

Is iTunes installed on the first login? Can you install it and then find the files that way?

The answer to the first reply is because I'm networked for work, but I have my music stored on the login without the internet because it was all there before I got networked.

iTunes is installed on both.

Thanks for your help, but I'm guessing from your answers and from research that I've done that album art can't go straight to iPod but has to be on my iTunes first (which means manually putting them in cos it doesn't have an internet connection).

I don't use iTunes or have an iPod, but you should be able to access your other logon that has the music and album covers or whatnot. If you have Windows, look in c:\documents and settings\ and find the other user account there, point your iTunes to THAT folder/library/whatever iTunes calls it. Then you can connect to the 'net on iTunes AND access everything you've already downloaded.

Back
Top Bottom