iPhone technical support thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
Who has an iphone?

Can you not text message someone a pic? :slant: I used to do this all the time on my Razr...

I just checked the google, and apparently you can download something called Flutter. I still have a razr, I can't believe the iPhone doesn't have picture messaging, that's insane. My friend used the iPhone's GPS or something over the weekend when we were lost, and then it actually made me an omelet.

Man this is ridiculous. $$$$ for a phone and I cant even text a pic?

My friend used the iPhone's GPS or something over the weekend when we were lost, and then it actually made me an omelet.

I saw the guy at the store use it as a level. That's an expensive level, looked super cool though!

I've received pics taken on iphones but I think they were sent through their gmail account on the phone, that does suck

I just did some research. Apparently, the iphone does not come with MMS capability which is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. The apps you can download like Flutter, have a lot of problems such as when you send a pic to someone, they have to click a link and go to a website. That's useless for someone that doesnt have internet on their phone. Plus you can only send MMS this way, not receive them. This is just crazy. A $40 phone can send a pic text but a freaking $400 iphone cannot lmao! :down:

The other gripe I have is you cant text message with the phone sideways. The phone only turns sideways when you're on the web. :grumpy:

So I have a question about syncing. When I first plugged the phone in and synced I didnt realize it was syncing like ALL my contacts from outlook, all my bookmarks, like everything. :crazy: I completely flipped out haha, and had to reset the phone because I ended up with like 5 million contacts on my phone and I didnt want that. Anyway, I figured out how to sync just certain things, but I noticed that like I synced some pictures from my computer, but then the next time I synced I wanted to just add another pic, and it only added that pic and somehow deleted all the other pics off my phone that I had synced earlier?? How do I avoid that? How do I just add a few ringtones or pics while still keeping the current ringtones and pics on my phone? Damn technology.

From Tips and tricks on apple.com;
"Send a photo in a message; In Photos, choose a photo, tap , then tap Email Photo.
The photo is sent using your default email account."

:hmm:

Well yeah, I know how to do that. But that doesnt solve the problem of sending a picture through a text message, not everyone has email capabilities on their phone. Or my other question about syncing. Where are the nerds? :nerd:

Ok, I got some friends that have this phone, I'll check with them.
I'll read the question again and try to get back to you.

Sicy, how many folders are you trying to sync your pics from?
You can only use one at a time. So just make a dedicated folder.

Do you have sync all checked?
Works on mine

No I dont want to 'sync all' because that's what happened the first time I synced and ended up with WAY too much crap on my phone that I didn't want. :crack:

Sicy, how many folders are you trying to sync your pics from?
You can only use one at a time. So just make a dedicated folder.

So basically you can only sync one folder, in order to keep those existing pics on your phone? So then do you just add new pics to that folder when you want to sync and then you have to re-sync all the pics you've already put on your phone plus the new ones? I am confused.

Same with ringtones? I had synced a ringtone to my phone, then later I went to add 2 ringtones but the first ringtone disappeared from my phone after that. So I guess I have to re-sync the same ringtones every time? Even if I just want to add a few new ones? This shit is wack.

No I dont want to 'sync all' because that's what happened the first time I synced and ended up with WAY too much crap on my phone that I didn't want. :crack:

So basically you can only sync one folder, in order to keep those existing pics on your phone? So then do you just add new pics to that folder when you want to sync and then you have to re-sync all the pics you've already put on your phone plus the new ones? I am confused.

Same with ringtones? I had synced a ringtone to my phone, then later I went to add 2 ringtones but the first ringtone disappeared from my phone after that. So I guess I have to re-sync the same ringtones every time? Even if I just want to add a few new ones? This shit is wack.

For the pics, you just keep adding them to that one folder. When you sync, it should keep all the pics and add the new ones too.
As for the ringtone thing. I'm stumped. Adding ringtones is just like adding a song :hmm:

For the pics, you just keep adding them to that one folder. When you sync, it should keep all the pics and add the new ones too.

But I don't get that. You should be able to choose a different folder if you want to add new ones, without having to choose the same folder every time, and re-syncing the same pics every time... :der:

So there's a really cool free app called Shazam. You can hold your phone up to the radio or TV and it will tell you the artist/title of the song. :up:

Does anyone know how to get the caps lock key to actually stay locked, say if you want to yell at someone via text?

i found this via google. since i played with an iphone for approximately five seconds once, i'm not sure if this helps :reject:

To enable CAPS LOCK on the iPhone, tap the Settings icon on the home screen, then tap the General button on the next screen.

In the general settings screen, tap on the Keyboard button.

In the keyboard settings screen, tap on or slide the switch to the right of Enable Caps Lock.

I've been having some trouble with my iPod touch as of late, and this seems like a good place to ask. Anyone know how to FIX (not return) an iPod with a busted headphone jack? I've called Apple, and they just said that they would exchange it for a new one...only thing is, I don't really want a new one, as I've got a lot of songs on my old one and I'm going on vacation in a few weeks! Anyone have any ideas? Thank you! :wave:

My iPhone will be here by the end of the week.

I had no intention of getting one but having a BB Bold for personal use and another one for work seemed redundant, plus the iPhone is way cheaper, so I'm getting it (sticking with BB at work though).

I just ordered a really cool case for my phone that looks like the U2 Vertigo logo. :drool:

iphone3g_art_case_black_red.jpg

Back
Top Bottom