Internet Connection Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2isthebest

ONE love, blood, life
I have no idea what's going on with my laptop. It says its connected to the wireless network and the strength is Very Good as it always does. However, when I click on Internet Explorer it keeps saying the page cannot be displayed. It's been doing this for a week now. I'm using my mom's desktop which is working absolutely fine. I have my laptop in my mom's room now ,which is where her computer is, and it's still not working.:mad: Does anyone know what might be wrong?

Does it only do it sometimes or every single time? Sounds like every time to me...

When I would use my ex-boyfriend's laptop, I would have to refresh the page all the time because more often than not, it was doing the same thing. I'm not sure if it's a problem with laptops themselves, or Internet Explorer as I often get that page on a PC when using IE.

My first idea would be to try a different browser like Firefox. If it does the same thing, then I'm really not sure what the problem is. :(

Do other computers on the wireless network have Internet access? A network and Internet are two different things. You can connect a wireless router and have a bunch of computers "connected" to that network and not even be paying for Internet access, but the computers can only "talk" to each other, not get out on the web.

I would turn off the router and the modem for 10 seconds and turn them back on. Verify that all the lights on the modem are blinking green. If you still have no Internet access, try a browser other than Internet explorer.

I just unplug them/pull the power adapter out. They generally don't have power switches. Do NOT hit the Reset though, that's different. :wink:

Liesje said:
I just unplug them/pull the power adapter out. They generally don't have power switches. Do NOT hit the Reset though, that's different. :wink:

:uhoh: How would I go about finding my modem and router *disclaimer...I am not a total dumbass*

If you have cable broadband, they're probably going to be sitting near a co-ax jack; if you have DSL, they'll be near a phone jack. Mine are in a cabinet, but I drilled a hole through the back so they can connect to the cable co-ax wall jack that's also behind the cabinet.

I had a problem like that a while ago, and all it needed was resetting the internet connection on Tools>>Internet Options>>Conections>>Setup

Back
Top Bottom