I killed my camera!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelofHarlem01

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I was taking some pics with my digital camera and I had set it down on a table ledge for just a minute, and yeah, you guessed it, the moment i turned my back it fell to the floor and landed on its lens. Now, the zoom lens is stuck out and because of that the camera won't work. Is there anyway I can manually fix it? It's an Olympus Camedia C-5050 Zoom digital camera if that helps any..I'm not sure if the lens can be twisted off or not..The camera still turns on but because the lens is stuck it just beeps at me and then turns itself off:sigh: Any advice?

I used to borrow a camera of my friend's and her lens would always get stuck out. Sometimes when I turned the camera off and gently helped twist it back in at the same time, it would go in.

Yep! No prob. Like I said, my friend's did that all the time for no reason. If you looked at it from the side, you could see the angle where it's supposed to rotate in and out was ever so slightly off. Glad it worked!

At least you didn't drop it in the ocean :| I grabbed it before it had a chance to float away forever.

My memory card works but that's all :scream:

arw9797 said:
At least you didn't drop it in the ocean :| I grabbed it before it had a chance to float away forever.

Mmm... ocean bad. Salt. However...

If you ever drop any electronic device in fresh water... DO NOT TRY TO TURN IT ON..... put it somewhere warm, and let it dry out for 1-2 weeks. Amazingly... most of the time it'll work.

arw9797 said:

:ohmy:

That happened to my friend's camera in Africa. We were on this giant freight ship that has room for a certain number of passengers. It crosses Lake Victoria overnight. At one point a bunch of us were leaning over the rails, checking out the view and hear this tiny splash and one girl goes "wellp, there goes that!" Her camera is now at the bottom of Lake Victoria.

Like Elvis said, things sometimes come back if they dry. My old housemate was a total klutz. She killed her laptop by spilling water on it, so then she got a desktop. She went on a camping trip and one night there was a HUGE storm and I realized her window was open. There was water running through her monitor! I just let it be and by the time she came home, it was OK. Then she borrowed her fiance's laptop and spilled water on that. We let it sit for a week and amazingly, it was fine.

haha.. yah... during Hurricane Wilma we had rain IN the office, and a few monitors became flooded before tarps went over them. All of them still work.

Back
Top Bottom