I just bought a DVD and it won't play on my PS2 or a regular player

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrownEyedBoy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
what the hell?

It says there's a TV system error.

I've never had this happen before. Is it that whole region issue? (Because if it is, I'm probably screwed.)

Any thoughts?

It's a Michael Bublé DVD, btw. :wink: I can't wait to watch it!!!!!

Last edited:
Its not a wonderful night for a Moondance then :(

TV error, I've never heard of that before....on the DVD case it should say what region the DVD is.

Just because a DVD is coded for a specific region doesn't mean it will play in all countries assigned that region. There is the added layer of incompatibility imposed by the great and wonderful powers that be. You also have to make sure the video formatting is the same. For example, both The UK and Japan are included in Region 2. Unfortunately, UK users the PAL video formatting while Japan is NTSC. In order to play a disc intended for the UK in Japan you will also have to have equipment that recognizes the video format. There are converters that will permit the mixing of PAL and NTSC so if you plan on using discs from different countries consider investing in such an additional box.

Maybe it's an error with the disc?

I ask, because it doesn't sound like you've imported your DVD from abroad...have you? If you bought it locally, return it to where you bought it. Maybe it's a defective disc and your friend with the Sony Vaio might have had really good DVD player with great error correction.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom