i can't decide, bitches!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Man

ONE love, blood, life
i want a speaker system on my desk for my new laptop. i've narrowed the choice down to be between this one:

12959.jpg

without a subwoofer but with tweeters and a nice lcd display.

and this one:

5001.jpg

which is thx certified.

tell me which one you like better, bitches.

1st

the subwoofer would take up too much room, plus the neighbors would jsut bitch about it anyway

here's some more information:

z10 (first above):

Overview

See it. Touch it. Hear it.

With built-in touch-sensitive multimedia controls and a backlighted display that shows digital-music track information, a clock, volume and more, these trophy speakers are meant to be touched and seen. Perfect for use with either a desktop or notebook PC, the powerful speakers deliver rich audio without using a separate space-consuming subwoofer. The bi-amp design, 25.4 mm dome tweeters and 76 mm high-excursion woofers deliver studio-quality sound that fills a room.

Logitech brings Windows Vista™ to life

Spacer
Certified for Windows Vista Designed with you in mind, this product provides easy access to key features of Windows Vista.

> View additional products that enhance your Windows Vista experience
Spacer
Spacer
^ Back to top

Features

Z-10 Interactive 2.0 Speaker System Z-10 Interactive 2.0 Speaker System Z-10 Interactive Speaker System

Touch-sensitive multimedia controls
For greater command of commonly used functions such as Volume, Bass, Treble, Play, Pause, Next, and Previous. Digital-music track information
The graphic LCD shows track information such as artist and song title, total and elapsed time, and other useful information from your PC. Internet radio presets
Four convenient presets let you quickly save and recall your favourite Internet radio stations and playlists.

Z-10 Interactive 2.0 Speaker System Z-10 Interactive 2.0 Speaker System Z-10 Interactive 2.0 Speaker System

Studio-quality audio
A 30 W RMS two-way speaker design delivers the clear highs and incredible lows. The digital crossover EQ ensures natural, balanced sound. Convenient connectivity
Plug in headphones for private listening or connect your favourite MP3 or CD player to the auxiliary input. Simple setup
The included USB cable carries both audio and track information from your PC, for a simple, no-hassle installation.

^ Back to top

Specifications

System Requirements

* PC with Intel® Pentium® or equivalent processor
* Microsoft® Windows® XP or Vista
* USB port
* CD-ROM drive
* 256 MB RAM
* 20 MB of available hard disk space
* Microsoft® WIndows Media® Player, Apple® iTunes® or MusicMatch® Jukebox™ required for complete media player functionality

Package Contents

* 2 Logitech® Z-10 speakers (each 24.6 cm H x 11.4 cm W x 11.9 cm D)
* CD-ROM with Logitech® LCD Manager software
* Premium cleaning chamois
* All necessary cables:
o 2 m speaker cable
o 2 m USB cable
o 2 m AC power cable
o 2 m 3.5mm stereo auxiliary cable
* Quick-start guide
* 2-year limited warranty

----------------------------------------------------------------------

z2300 (second above):

Overview

If you love music, you'll love the Logitech Z-2300, a 2.1 speaker system that combines everything you need in a sound system: THX®-certified performance and quality, beautiful looks, and more than enough power to fill your room with great sound.

* 200 watts of RMS power (400 watts of peak power) deliver thunderous audio for music, movies, and games
* 8-inch long-throw subwoofer driver with flared bass port pounds out powerful, distortion-free bass
* Polished aluminum phase plug at the center of the driver outperforms conventional 2-way designs
* Included adapter lets you connect the speakers directly to your DVD player, CD player, or video game console

Z2300 Wired Remote

Full-featured SoundTouch™ wired remote control

Exercise complete control over your listening experience with controls for both master volume and subwoofer, plus a headphone jack and power/standby button.

THX

What is THX certification?

THX certification is the ultimate mark of quality for speaker systems. It means speakers have been tested and approved by THX based upon a set of rigorous technical specifications. Few computer speaker systems meet these rigid standards. To learn more about THX, visit www.thx.com

Spacer
^ Back to top

Specifications

Product Specifications

* Total RMS power: 200 watts RMS
o Satellites: 80 watts RMS (2 x 40W)
o Subwoofer: 120 watts RMS
* Total peak power: 400 watts
* Frequency response: 35Hz - 20kHz
* Amplifier: Ultra-linear, high capacity analog
* Drivers:
o Satellites: 2.5" polished aluminum phase plug driver
o Subwoofer: 8" long-throw ported driver with 6th order bass reflex enclosure
* Speaker dimensions (H x W x D):
o Satellites: 6.75" x 3.5" x 6"
o Subwoofer: 11" x 11" x 15"
* Signal-to-noise ratio @ 1Khz: >100dB
* SoundTouch™ wired remote control:
o Master volume
o Subwoofer volume
o Headphone jack
o Power/Standby

System Compatibility

* PC/Mac
* CD
* MP3
* DVD
* PlayStation®
* Xbox®

Package Contents

* Speakers:
o 2 satellites
o 1 subwoofer
* Cables included:
o Power cord
o Color coded audio cables
* SoundTouch™ wired remote control
* 2-year limited warranty
* User's manual
* Video game console adapter

Chizip said:

the subwoofer would take up too much room, plus the neighbors would jsut bitch about it anyway

the subwoofer will be underneath my desk, so that won't be a big problem. you do have a point about the neighbours, though. that's part of the reason why i want some desk speakers.

i can turn the bass down on the z2300, though.

this is a tough choice :hmm:

I have small speakers and a subwoofer. I keep the subwoofer on my desk and my speakers on top of it. It doesn't really get in my way. If I had it on the floor, I'm pretty sure I'd have been evicted by now, because I like to use it to its full potential.

If you get the ones with the subwoofer, consider going to a carpet store and buying a few pieces of very thick carpet to put under it if you're going to keep it on the floor. They won't be that expensive, and your neighbors appreciate them absorbing some of the sound.

are bonochick and bonoismymuse the only chicks that are gonna post in this thread?

the main reason i'm buying these is to impress chicks.

Last edited:
:lol:

Well, I'd respect the second ones and think they were pretty sweet, but I'd really be impressed by the first ones. :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom