How many computers have you owned while an interferencer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
How many computers have you gone through since you joined this community? I've been through:

A crappy old HP in 2000-2001.

A crappy gateway from 2001-2003.

A refurbished compaq laptop from 2003-2005.

A less crappy HP from 2005-2007, which nonetheless decided to have a faulty motheboard.

Now I'm on another laptop, an hp this time, in hopes of having mobility during grad school.

A lot of machines have seen me through this site.

I'm on the same one I bought in 2003... a Dell Dimension desktop. Upgraded to a flat screen monitor last year.

hmm. I remember sharing a very old and crappy computer with my then-roommate back in 2000 when I joined. Then I was living in Switzerland and there was another crappy slow computer that we all shared. I had the honor of accessing this site using DrTeeth's computer (hey, for being old, it's not half bad!) ;) Then about a billion or so net cafe comps all over Europe whilst backpacking... Then a friend loaned me his laptop while I was in the States for a few months before Peace Corps. In Africa, I used the PC office comps to get online when I could. Now, I have an IBM Thinkpad through my job and that's what I use at home. Whew. :huh: Man, thinking about those old computers and the horrible dial-up connections brings back memories. lol.

Last edited:
I'm on my second right now, though I just got a third. I currently alternate between the two as needs dictate.

sulawesigirl4 said:
hmm. I remember sharing a very old and crappy computer with my then-roommate back in 2000 when I joined. Then I was living in Switzerland and there was another crappy slow computer that we all shared. I had the honor of accessing this site using DrTeeth's computer (hey, for being old, it's not half bad!) ;) Then about a billion or so net cafe comps all over Europe whilst backpacking... Then a friend loaned me his laptop while I was in the States for a few months before Peace Corps. In Africa, I used the PC office comps to get online when I could. Now, I have an IBM Thinkpad through my job and that's what I use at home. Whew. :huh: Man, thinking about those old computers and the horrible dial-up connections brings back memories. lol.

He asked how many computers you've owned Sula-baby :wink:

DrTeeth said:

He asked how many computers you've owned Sula-baby :wink:

come to think of it...have i owned any???? :confused:

I'm going to have to think about this. Wow, if not, then I guess i've done a pretty good job of living in the internet age without spending any of my own money, huh? :sexywink:

Only one, which I've had since 2002. The one I had before that lasted me through all four years of college and the first semester of grad school. I'm ready for a new one, but it's not financially possible for me right now.

I also have an old laptop, but I use that only to do work and don't even have it set up to be internet capable.

Erm....7? :reject: Summer before college I worked and saved to buy a desktop PC, used that for years then sold it, then my grandpa and some friends and relatives just gave me a whole bunch of crappy older computers one by one that I would use, fix up, then sell for $50 until I had $200 to buy an old laptop from a friend (it was fine, it just had viruses so I reinstalled everything), then I sold that for only $25 less than what I paid for it 2 years earlier, and got my current laptop. My original desktop and my current laptop are the only computers that I bought new.

6 or 7.
Define 'computer'. I've had a few internal and external harddrive replacements, a few tower rebuilds, a few monitor replacements, a few laptops, a fair few parts replacements and OS upgrades, etc.

The good old standard HP desktop (1 GB RAM / nVIDIA 6600GT) and more recently, a nice HP laptop (512 MB RAM / shitty mobile GFX card) for school since Xmas.

I still use my good ole dependable Apple II complete with monochrome monitor (with two colors; black and green :drool: ) and two 5 1/4 inch floppy drives...

DOS :love:

appleII.jpg

:love:

I Keeed I Keeed...

Actually I have had 2 computers, a Pentium III and a new P4 which I've had for just over a year now...

Four. When I first registered, I had an HP desktop from 1999. I got a Toshiba laptop for school that I started using over the desktop, so I ended up giving the desktop to my brother. Then, after my mom had bugged my enough about how much better Macs were over PCs, I got a Powerbook in 2005. I held on to the Toshiba for awhile, but eventually sold that to my brother. And I bought a new Macbook earlier this year. I didn't need it, the Powerbook is still in great shape and it is the one I carry around to class, while the Macbook pretty much stays on my desk.

1, although I did add a new hard drive a few years ago so it could handle the large WAV. files I have.

Plus the one at work, that I'm currently on.

Back
Top Bottom