How comes my phone keeps on displaying 3G & H?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cactus Annie

Refugee
The Mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxar
Sorry about this.

I wroke up this morning only to notice that there's a symbol that keeps showing on my phone and it looks like a H inside a little white box. I've tried to remove it 3 times by going to mobile networks and switching to 02 without the 3G capability but it just switching itself back to 02 3G. Why? Is this a ploy to squeeze more monthly repayments from it's hard pressed customers who are already struggling with money? If this means our monthly repayments will increase on top of other huge increase in bills, no income and unco-operative help from the job centre, then I will have to go without food every other day!

Sony Ericsson H symbol? - The Student Room
Re: Sony Ericsson H symbol?
Well, yes, it pops up whenever you're in an area which has HSDPA coverage... And goes away when you're not. You'll also see an indicator of whether you're in a 3G area or not.

You may also see an E which would indicate EDGE coverage (only if you're on Orange or O2 though).
Originally Posted by spikeymike
You can maybe turn it off by switching 3G completely off

How do I do that? lol
Re: Sony Ericsson H symbol?
Ummm... On my C902...

Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Mobile Networks > GSM/3G Networks > GSM Only

Note: If you do this high speed internet will be disabled too
So it's either that or the H stands for "hell hell hell hell" :shrug:

No problem; always happy to use my crazy internet skills for good, occasionally

Sorry about this.

I wroke up this morning only to notice that there's a symbol that keeps showing on my phone and it looks like a H inside a little white box. I've tried to remove it 3 times by going to mobile networks and switching to 02 without the 3G capability but it just switching itself back to 02 3G. Why? Is this a ploy to squeeze more monthly repayments from it's hard pressed customers who are already struggling with money? If this means our monthly repayments will increase on top of other huge increase in bills, no income and unco-operative help from the job centre, then I will have to go without food every other day!

H is good! Means an even speedier data connection than 3G. Unless they charge you more whereever you are for HSPDA - they don't here.

Back
Top Bottom