HELP! iPod stuck on lock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kafrun

Blue Crack Addict
Last night my iPod decided to get stuck while I was using it. I noticed when I couldn't adjust the volume, looked down at the screen and realized the little lock symbol was on. I switched the lock button at the top, but nothing changed. I tried several more times, but still, stuck on lock mode. The button itself works, but the mode won't change. I've tried switching it back and forth, pressing various buttons, resetting it all together, plugging it into the charger, banging it on the desk, yelling at it, jumping up and down, crying, etc, but nothing will work.

Any ideas? I just bought it in the fall :sad:

Have you tried throwing it against the wall? Banging it on the desk is just not good enough.

Have you tried eating it?

Perhaps putting it into the computer instead of the charger helps? That resets the main ipod settings like current song and such so perhaps it resets the lock.

Have you tried eating it?

Perhaps putting it into the computer instead of the charger helps? That resets the main ipod settings like current song and such so perhaps it resets the lock.

If I give up on it completely, I'll let the dog eat it.

I actually thought of that, but I'll have to wait til I get home. Fingers crossed that it might work.. :pray:

Mine locks fairly often. I have to hold down the middle button at the same time as the play/pause button* until the screen goes blank and the apple comes on the screen, and then it's fine.

*it's either the middle button and the play/pause at the same time, or it's middle button and menu at the same time ... I never remember which one it is and have to try both until I figure it out.

Yes, that's always fixed any issues in the past, but this time it didn't reset. I just tried it now to be sure I did it right, but nope. Stuck.

I don't understand why the crying didn't work. That always works on men.

It's working again :loveshower:

Plugged it into the computer and it decided to co-operate. Thanks for the help, everyone :kiss:

Back
Top Bottom