HELP! I think my LCD TV is trying to kill me!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cactus Annie

Refugee
The Mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxar
My LCD TV is leaking water from one side of the screen. I can feel water coming from one of the vents on the left hand side. I first noticed it not last Thursday but the Thurday before. There was at least 20 teaspoons of water in a puddle behind the TV. It seems to happen after we've had heavy rain, and we've had quite a bit of rain the last couple of weeks. The signal breaks up and that rarely happens anymore other than we have extreme wind and rain. Some of the pixels in the picture go black.

I checked on the net and it sounds as though the problem is with the coax from the aerial. It may have got damaged from the extreme cold temperatures last month and so water has got inside the cable. Do you think it could kill us?

Do you think the crack in the living room window, the broken tap in the bathroom and the water gushing from a small pipe outside the shed due to a burst pipe could all kill us?

... considering all 3 responses have been in the same manner...

that is all.

I try to read and help, but when I've got nothing, it's better than leaving the topic blank.

... considering all 3 responses have been in the same manner...

that is all.

I try to read and help, but when I've got nothing, it's better than leaving the topic blank.

Ah you misunderstand me, I am humorously suggesting I think the original post is a troll :lol:

There's no way a tv can leak water, as there's no water in it. Perhaps you should check the ceiling above the tv...
It can perhaps leak the LC's, but those should look nothing like water as they're far more viscose. In that case, call a repairman or trade it back in if it's still on warranty.

Most probably the water is running down your aerial cable, and leaking out near the seam with the connector.
Just loop it properly.:up:

Old capacitors too can leak electrolyte, but not more than one or two drops.

It won't kill you but it may kill the TV.

Have you never broken the screen to a cellphone or calculator? While there is certainly a liquid of sorts inside, there is not nearly enough to be considered 'leaking'. I'd be surprised if it would even make it's way out of the layers in the screen.

But to answer the original question: yes it will kill you

Ah you misunderstand me, I am humorously suggesting I think the original post is a troll :lol:

Don't you call me a troll!

I can't believe people are actually responding to this with serious posts

I was generally frightened. Have you ever felt so scared that you was afraid to fall asleep at night? Afraid of a house fire? This incident has just made me even more nervous than I have been feeling for months already.

I think that Jive Turkey has confirmed what I thought when I searched the internet on how water seems to be leaking from one side of the TV after heavy rain. If it was a chrystalline liquid from the screen than it would look more like a glue.

And the one before that

Please don't underestimate me like that. I've been here long enough to know better. :wink:

But I was serious about the fact that a tv can't leak water. The LC's are very viscose so there's no chance it'll look like water.

And Annie, I don't think it's normal to feel that way. Actually I'm quite sure it's abnormal.

Not to harp on you, but why try to stifle innocent, playful conversation that's still pretty much on topic? If people want to make a joke or an aside relating to the thread, they're meant to create a new thread in a different part of the forum? I really don't get it

Jokes here and there are ok obviously, but the posters are pretty much just ridiculing the OP in this thread. If people aren't able to help her with her problem then they shouldn't respond. And yes you seem to have been 'harping' on the mods a bit lately which is actually against the rules so I suggest you pm us instead when you have a problem.

Back
Top Bottom