Grab the paper towels, new Apple iPhone and Apple TV announcements

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gizmodo:

Rumor: 3G iPhone Coming

According to an engineer who worked on the network/radio for the iPhone, there's a good reason Apple didn't have 3G in this iteration of the iPhone. He says less than 1% of Cingular customers have HSDPA capability—it's only available in a dozen or so markets. continue reading »

Good interview with iPhone designer Jonathan Ive. U2 singer Bono said of Jonathan: “If he had a fan club, I’d be in it.”

-http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007010571,00.html

Canadiens1160 said:

Gizmodo:

Rumor: 3G iPhone Coming

According to an engineer who worked on the network/radio for the iPhone, there's a good reason Apple didn't have 3G in this iteration of the iPhone. He says less than 1% of Cingular customers have HSDPA capability—it's only available in a dozen or so markets. continue reading »

I have Cingular and my Samsung A707 is 3G as are several of the newer phones released in the past few months. I have access to the 3G network where I live/work.

Cingular's site says:
"Availability
Right now, Cingular's 3G mobile broadband data network is available in most major metropolitan areas. We're working to expand the network so more people in more places can enjoy it soon."

i have cingular, but i'm below the poverty line, so i can't afford this phone. but, if everyone here sends me money, ill get it, and tell you all how much it kicks ass, and you can decide if you want to buy it for yourselves. :wink:

Cisco Sues Apple Over Use of iPhone Name

SAN FRANCISCO — Apple Inc.'s (APPL) much-ballyhooed iPhone was unveiled this week after 30 months and millions of dollars in top-secret development. But the sleek new iPod-cellular phone combination could wind up costing the company a lot more.

Cisco Systems Inc. (CSCO), the world's largest networking equipment maker, sued Apple in San Francisco federal court on Wednesday, claiming that Apple's iPhone violates its trademark.

Cisco is asking the court to forbid Apple from using the name "iPhone," which Cisco has held a trademark on since 2000 and used to brand a line of its own Internet-enabled phones that began shipping last spring and officially launched three weeks ago.

punctuation included for KR

ntalwar said:

I have Cingular and my Samsung A707 is 3G as are several of the newer phones released in the past few months. I have access to the 3G network where I live/work.

Cingular's site says:
"Availability
Right now, Cingular's 3G mobile broadband data network is available in most major metropolitan areas. We're working to expand the network so more people in more places can enjoy it soon."

Sometimes I think, Jobs and Apple intentionally do not put the best device out.

It seems like the goal is to up-market their customers in 12- 18 months.

From a business point of view, it has been very successful.

Chizip said:
Cisco Sues Apple Over Use of iPhone Name

SAN FRANCISCO — Apple Inc.'s (APPL) much-ballyhooed iPhone was unveiled this week after 30 months and millions of dollars in top-secret development. But the sleek new iPod-cellular phone combination could wind up costing the company a lot more.

Cisco Systems Inc. (CSCO), the world's largest networking equipment maker, sued Apple in San Francisco federal court on Wednesday, claiming that Apple's iPhone violates its trademark.

Cisco is asking the court to forbid Apple from using the name "iPhone," which Cisco has held a trademark on since 2000 and used to brand a line of its own Internet-enabled phones that began shipping last spring and officially launched three weeks ago.

:hmm:

Apple fended off the Beatles and Apple Records - I think they'll do okay against Cisco hehe :ohmy:

ipoop.jpg

ntalwar said:
Interestingly the iPhone with all its advancements, is not a 3G-capable phone.

I'll take my 3G (even if I don't usually use it...yet...), quad band, music playing with AMAZING speakers, photo, video phone that I can add however much memory I can buy to... thank you very much apple. Although the iphone is quite sexy.

LG-CU500-ss.jpg

Yeah it looks like a razr but it kicks the razr's ass.m/
lg-cu500-cingular.jpg

Back
Top Bottom