Good Anti-virus & Anti-spyware software?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
My Norton Internet Security runs out soon, and I can't wait to get rid of it.

Any recs for anti-virus & anti-spyware (preferably same program..)?

I use Symantec corporate. It does both viruses and spyware, real-time protection and custom scans. I've used it for years and never had a problem. Actually, it's never even caught a virus b/c security patches basically have me covered.

I used Trend-Micro. I love it. I work in one of the Symantec Branch offices. I get so many calls from people who renewed yet the software does not update or recognize they paid. Plus to talk to a tech support dude cost 29.99 per question.

I wouldn't use anything by Norton, ever.

Easily the best thing on the market: Nod32. By far.

anitram said:

Easily the best thing on the market: Nod32. By far.

That is good. It doesn't appear to come with real-time anti-spyware/adware protection though.

Before Symantec Corporate included a real-time anti-spy, we used their other program, Webroot Spysweeper, and had great success with that. It was a pretty big memory hog though. Many times it had to be removed and reinstalled because the current version would take up 95% of the CPU when it wasn't even scanning.

Ah, I see it now. I was at the wrong site which had no specifics about the product.

This may be pretty biased, but it looks to me like anitram's is definitely the better product (vs. Trend Micro):
http://www.eset.com/products/NOD32 vs Trend4.pdf

Not a bad price either :up: I'd get that one if I had to purchase a new program.

Last edited:
In the past, I've used Norton, Kaspersky, AVG, McAfee and PC-Cillin. None of them come even close to Nod32. It takes practically no system resources and it's stunning how fast it scans. It's really amazing, actually.

I buy it in a pack with my Mom and brother so it's even cheaper that way. :)

Sold! I just picked up Nod32. I'm installing it now. ;)

Thanks, guys!

Back
Top Bottom