General Video Game Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking the same, awesome.

Just re-watched Ghostbusters 2 the other night... kind of glad the game is more in line with the first film, that's for sure.

Just re-watched Ghostbusters 2 the other night... kind of glad the game is more in line with the first film, that's for sure.

Gotta love how Viggo's picture and the toaster are in HQ though.

I'd been meaning to ask you, did you have trouble in the little stone angels part towards the very end? I had to redo that part a bunch of times. I've read a lot of people have had issues there as well. Pretty annoying.

Gotta love how Viggo's picture and the toaster are in HQ though.

I'd been meaning to ask you, did you have trouble in the little stone angels part towards the very end? I had to redo that part a bunch of times. I've read a lot of people have had issues there as well. Pretty annoying.

Vigo's painting was funny, but I couldn't find the toaster.

That was almost impossible. Took me about 4-5 tries to get past it.

Vigo's painting was funny, but I couldn't find the toaster.

It was upstairs on top of the pool table (like in the movie).

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought that part of the game sucked ballz.

It was upstairs on top of the pool table (like in the movie).

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought that part of the game sucked ballz.

Okay, cool.

That and the streets level vs. Stay Puft was a little tough. I'm playing through it again on the highest difficulty setting after I get through Half-Life 2.

I'm probably years behind on this, but Half-Life 2... holy shit. And I thought The Flood from Halo were bad.

Ravenholm? I played a few hours into the game on the original Xbox version of it, and sold it back once I realized there was going to be a 360 version. Then I never bought the 360 version, but one of my friends has been lending it to me for nearly a year and I still haven't played it. Maybe I'll have to sometime soon.

Ravenholm? I played a few hours into the game on the original Xbox version of it, and sold it back once I realized there was going to be a 360 version. Then I never bought the 360 version, but one of my friends has been lending it to me for nearly a year and I still haven't played it. Maybe I'll have to sometime soon.

Yep.

I love that friggin game. Did you get the Orange Box? Portal is brilliant.

Yes! I got about 14 levels into Portal before I had to turn it off out of frustration. Hell of a lot of fun though, and the robot voice was awesome.

I didn't think she was that bad.

Gears of War 2 had another "title update" this last weekend, throwing in some fixes and now giving experience/ranking points for playing horde. My goal is to become a higher rank than NSW so I can personally attack him, but as he is a nerd dork and has put 8 billion hours into the game already, that's not going to happen.

she's ok but it's like, get the fuck out of my way will you?

During the part with the mine shaft I made the mistake of holding the lantern at first cus she was all "I'll cover you" - until the first crazed dude jumped out of the shadows and attacked me while she just stood there :banghead:

Then I give her the lantern which was only slightly better because she wouldn't flash the light where I wanted :angry:

During the part with the mine shaft I made the mistake of holding the lantern at first cus she was all "I'll cover you" - until the first crazed dude jumped out of the shadows and attacked me while she just stood there :banghead:

Then I give her the lantern which was only slightly better because she wouldn't flash the light where I wanted :angry:

Haha. Yeah, that part was tough without an actual partner, but it made it more tense and freaky, so I didn't mind. It probably helped that my first time through the game was with another person, so I sorta knew what parts might be annoying by yourself.

Yeah, I liked RE5 quite a bit. Sure, 4 is still a "classic", but 5 was a pretty solid sequel. Did having to fight Wesker 76 times at the end annoy you as much as it did me? I was cursing Capcom and all Japanese developers' names by the 73rd time, personally. :wink:

It's actually kinda cool to play through again, as you can use your upgraded weapons, and buy and upgrade even more items.

I purchased the Battlefield 1943 downloadable game last week. Only $15 for 24 player multiplayer, and it looks nearly as good as a full priced title. Pretty killer price, a lot of fun too. If you're looking for something new multiplayer wise to get you through the summer, I highly recommend it.

Someone go out and buy the new Harry Potter video game for the Wii and tell me if it's good or not. Thanks.

Yeah, I liked RE5 quite a bit. Sure, 4 is still a "classic", but 5 was a pretty solid sequel. Did having to fight Wesker 76 times at the end annoy you as much as it did me? I was cursing Capcom and all Japanese developers' names by the 73rd time, personally. :wink:

yeah, most of the boss battles were ridiculously irritating...

The stupid Wesker/Jill fight - first you basically have to run away from Wesker for 7 minutes, then you spend another 15 trying to rip that stupid implant of Jill :crack:

That giant thing that Excella turns into - trying to target it with that satellite gun was incredibly irritating because it wouldn't sit still :banghead:

And yeah, Wesker was freaking annoying - the first part on the ship with the rocket launcher was fucking stupid, mostly because I’m convinced my "partner" is borderline retarded :angry:

I also finally picked up both Silent Hill 4 and Silent Hill Origins for the PS2, looking forward to both of them. I just have to get SH Homecomming for the PS3 now. As soon as it drops another $10 it will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine...

Haha. I'm glad I played it coop the first time through with Audiophile, as it really helped figure out how you were supposed to fight those bosses with 2 people. Made playing through it a second time by myself easier, but some of the bosses were still tough. I still liked most of them design wise though, some cool ideas.

Even though I've never played a Silent Hill game, I wouldn't mind playing Homecoming either. You really need to get Dead Space when it gets cheap as well, I think you'll really enjoy it.

design wise, the game was awesome - some of the best lighting effects and graphics I have seen yet :up:

I did try Dead Space for a bit the other day but I found the targeting to be a pain in the ass so I will probably have to give it another try.

It's a shame you don't have a PS2, the earlier SH games are much better than the newest one from what I've heard. I'm more getting it because I'm a completionist when it comes to series I like.

I know SH2 and 4 (I think :scratch: ) were on the Xbox, is the 360 backwards compatible?

I did try Dead Space for a bit the other day but I found the targeting to be a pain in the ass so I will probably have to give it another try.

If you were just playing the first part, it's just that the first weapon is weak and small. You get much better stuff later on. I don't remember it being all that tough to aim though though, pretty standard shooter wise. You just have to realize that you have to shoot limbs, not heads/body. Were you drunk on vegetarian alcohol again?! I think you'd like it if you stick with it, I thought the general action was probably even more enjoyable and easier to shoot/aim than RE5. I'd dare say it was one of my favorite games from last year, cool new franchise.

360 is backwards compatible, but it depends on the game. Some they didn't get the rights to allow to play it on the 360 hardware. Something like that.

Did the first Condemned ever come out on PS3? I know the sequel did, but I never even made it through the sequel unfortunately. The first Condemned is probably the scariest game I've ever played, I remember continually turning around while playing it to make sure there was no one behind me. Made me super paranoid. :laugh:

I purchased the Battlefield 1943 downloadable game last week. Only $15 for 24 player multiplayer, and it looks nearly as good as a full priced title. Pretty killer price, a lot of fun too. If you're looking for something new multiplayer wise to get you through the summer, I highly recommend it.
Are you on PS3? I just got 1943 the day it came out and have been playing the hell out of it; it's fantastic. Add me to your friends list.... mikethehockeyfan

The winning team.

I notice NSW just happens to come back right in time for a huge new Gears of War 2 update and DLC. You know he planned that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom