General Video Game Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm....i'm really, and i mean really, bad at those games. are there difficulty levels so i can blast through stuff rather easily but still have a little challenge? i've just noticed that some of those games are so damn hard that i just end up getting bored and never play it again.

I'm pretty crappy at fps as well, they have different difficulty levels that you can set and change at any time during the game.

I started playing Bioshock right afterwards - Fallout is definitely a much simpler fps and easier to play but in a good way.

I'm pretty crappy at fps as well, they have different difficulty levels that you can set and change at any time during the game.

I started playing Bioshock right afterwards - Fallout is definitely a much simpler fps and easier to play but in a good way.

hmmm....you may have sold me. i enjoyed Bioshock, but thought it got old after a while. it seemed like once you played a few levels, there just wasn't much more to discover.

hmmm....you may have sold me. i enjoyed Bioshock, but thought it got old after a while. it seemed like once you played a few levels, there just wasn't much more to discover.

you will love Fallout then, it's huge. I played it on and off for about 4 months and I'm still positive I missed some stuff. On top of that I haven't even played any of the DLC yet...

You'll hate me, Elfa, but I still haven't played Point Lookout. Downloaded it when it was released on Tuesday, but haven't tried it yet. From what I've read, everyone's loving it. Saying it and Broken Steel are easily the best DLCs. Looking forward to finally firing it up, but I'm not sure when that will be as I haven't really played any games this week and I want to at least finish the Fable 2 main quest before moving over to play this.

As advance warning, like all games that are open and big in scope, the first bit is somewhat overwhelming, and it takes a while to completely get into it all because of it. Around 5 or 6 hours in, you should have a good hang of it though. Hope you like it, Mikal, I'd say it's my favorite game so far of this generation of consoles.

As advance warning, like all games that are open and big in scope, the first bit is somewhat overwhelming, and it takes a while to completely get into it all because of it. Around 5 or 6 hours in, you should have a good hang of it though. Hope you like it, Mikal, I'd say it's my favorite game so far of this generation of consoles.

very cool! i'm all about exploration. i was actually very disappointed in the new GTA because i felt they could have done more with the map. but it sounds like the map in Fallout 3 is huge!

thanks for the advice!

Which console are you on? If you're on 360, add me as a friend. My gamertag is U2

i'm on 360. will do!

i'm a little nervous though. last night, my 360 froze while playing madden. and then i got the dreaded red lights. but this morning, it turned on fine. whew!

and just my luck. i get home to play it, and yes, my 360 is broken. 3 red lights. now i have to send it in. i did some reading though, and it looks like this problem has been so widespread that i won't have to pay for the repairs even though my original warranty has expired.

alright folks, i'm going to buy one xbox 360 game tonight. which one should i get?

mlb 2k9
nba live 09
tiger woods 09

i like all 3 sports equally, so that can't be a tie-breaker.

Go with NBA 2k9 if you're getting an NBA game, and isn't Tiger Woods '10 coming out soon anyway?

Which console are you on? If you're on 360, add me as a friend. My gamertag is U2

...but you're not Bono.

just played call of duty 4 at a mate's place, finally figured out after months what people mean when they say 'cod'.

it wasn't bad. but the two control stick thing is hard to get used to.

i'll stick to goldeneye and perfect dark on my 64 thanks.

You can get used to enjoying both, Danny!

I mean, I'm the first person to defend Goldeneye - like it even needs defending - but there's a lot of good stuff out now... if you've got the dosh.

oh yeah, i just don't play video games much, have never really been able to afford the marquee games, and have generally just stuck to my mario rpg's.

i always played as oddball, he's impossible to shoot unless you aim down, and you run between people's legs.

and just my luck. i get home to play it, and yes, my 360 is broken. 3 red lights. now i have to send it in. i did some reading though, and it looks like this problem has been so widespread that i won't have to pay for the repairs even though my original warranty has expired.

That sucks, man. Yeah, it's a free fix, and the refurbished 360 you get back from Microsoft will work better than your original, so at least there's that to look forward to.

LeMac, we need to bust some ghosts on Live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom