General Video Game Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get an option to have someone fix it. Like it's just dead. That sucks cause I only got to use it once.

The merchant has to have another sniper rifle to repair it with I believe, or maybe you were speaking with a merchant with too low of a repair skill.

Repairing weapons is key to making sure they have all the damage they can do. Also, your respective skills with the types of weapons you're using directly corresponds to this as well. While the game is presented like a first person shooter, it's first and foremost a role playing game in terms of what's going on behind the scenes in regards to combat. If your guns are repaired, and your skills are high for the weapon you're using, both your damage and accuracy will increase significantly.

If I might make a recommendation, I'd say to completely avoid doing any type of hand to hand or melee combat. Don't put points into either, and don't use those types of weapons. Stick to either small arms (pistols, submachine guns, assault rifles, sniper rifles), energy weapons, or big guns. Small arms is generally the best to invest in, as it's the type of weapon that's most prevalent in the game, especially early on. I ranked up my big guns skill a bit and used the weird gun you can make that shoots cans and garbage. It's actually really good early on and helps you save up ammo on your other weapons, but all the garbage you use as ammo counts as weight you're holding. As Elfa said, either rank up your own repair skill or frequently pay merchants to repair your weapons and armor quite regularly. Also, pick one or two guns you want to use regularly and buy tons of ammo for them. If you're still pretty early in to the game level wise, just wander around near Megaton and kill whatever is near there. If the flies are still causing you problems, you definitely don't want to be going places where Super Mutants are. You're just not ready for them in regards to your skills and equipment.

The merchant has to have another sniper rifle to repair it with I believe, or maybe you were speaking with a merchant with too low of a repair skill.

:hi5: I know who I'm going to hang out with after the bombs fall.

Beav, what level are you?

The best skills to work on early on are Small Guns (because there are so many of them and ammo is plentiful), Repair (for obvious reasons - also, I hope you kept your vault 101 jumpsuit - it gives you a an extra 5 points for repair when you are wearing it) and Medicine (the higher your medicine skill the more effective stimpacks and rad medication is).

When you gain a level, make sure you allocate a large amount of skill points to those three until they get up to the 70's - by then you can hopefully find the bobblehead which will give you an extra 10 points and then provided you should be able to find enough skill books to max out.

A good perk to take early on is The Gun Nut perk, this is a must if you ask me - there are three levels and each level gives you an extra 5 points for both small guns and repair

Another important perk to get as early as possible is Comprehension - you can get this anytime after level 4 if your Intelligence is 4 or higher. With this perk when you read a skill book you get 2 points for the skill, not the standard 1. This doesn't sound like much but if you get it early on it helps a lot for maxing your stats.

wow, can you tell I'm a little obsessed with this game?

Those new mutant overlords are tough with their laser gatling gun. I think I may start on the Pitt this weekend or try to find more bobble heads.

I've gotten better with the guns, but I still get the shit kicked out of me all the time. But the time I figure out where the enemy is coming from, I'm already being eaten by bugs, dogs and big rats. I'm good at killing the raiders and brutes though. I figured out that VATS thing too. I got that Bloody Mess perk, so that's kinda sweet. I haven't played in a cuple of days, but last time I did I got to the President's HQ, so that's where I am now.

The PS3 doesn't have the download stuff?

I've done a bunch of them. I finally finished writing the Wasteland Survival Guide. That felt like it took for ever. I don't know how many more side quests I'm going to bother with. I want some more bobbleheads, those are cool. Also, I had the dog companion, but the friggin thing got killed - I even tried reloading to keep him alive, but after like the 3rd or 4th time, I just let him stay dead. A man can only do so much, you know?

I haven't played much recent stuff lately but I've become addicted to this game all over again:

rootbeertapper.jpg

there are more bobble heads??!!

There aren't any exclusive to the new DLC, it's still the same original 20. Speaking of which, I received the achievement for collecting them all last night. :cool:

Started on the Oasis quest, that one is definitely worth doing just to see. Pretty different than the rest of the game, I'll just leave it at that.

answer me dammit! :angry:

Sorry, I saw "spoiler" and avoided reading further as I was worried I'd see something I have not done yet. The small guns one was the most confusing for me, as I don't think I ever would have found the sealed entrance switch without looking online.

You have to get the Energy Weapons one during the Raven Rock section of the game, so make sure to look for it and get it then, as you won't have a second chance to go back for it.

I'm just in the process of doing the small guns one as well, that's the National Guard Depot, right?

What was the Dunwich Building like? I don't like Ghouls...

Correct.

I did the Dunwich one dead last, haha. I love HP Lovecraft's books, but the idea of a building based on his stories scared the crap out of me. Luckily, you don't have to go too far into the "scarier" parts of it to find the bobblehead. I opened a door and saw a tunnel to the freaky area, and closed it again and ran away like a pansy.

It's weird, I usually love scary games, books, movies, etc., but sometimes games that aren't normally scary can freak you out even more if they have scary moments, as you're not prepared for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom