Flash-Dreamweaver question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mofo

Refugee
Hi guys so I'm making a website with Dreamweaver, however I did some buttons in flash, now I imported this files to Dreamweaver as SWF files, and when I preview them they work fine, however I want to link this buttons so they can take me to other pages in the site, but for the life of me that I can't find it, I already looked in the tutorials, forums but I can't find especifically what I want

I know how to link images and text which is very easy since the link option appears in properties below, but I can't find the one for SWF files, any help would be greatly appreciated :huh:

I still use Dreamweaver MX, but in mine I can insert a .swf file, click on it, and add a URL in the Link field just like a selected photo or text. I can also right click on the .swf object and select Make Link and enter a URL instead of a file path. Or, you can simply go to the code view and type in the code for a link surrounding the code for the inserted .swf.

If you can't select the buttons themselves, maybe the links have to be added within Flash rather than Dreamweaver?

Sorry, I don't do much with Flash. All of my menus and navbars I do in FireWorks.

I'm using Dreamweaver 8 on a Mac, so this might be a little different.

I didn't use Flash specifically to make a Flash button, but at the top of the page, where you can choose to insert multimedia, I chose a Flash button. Then, when choosing what it will look like, the name of the button, etc., there's a place to type in a link.

Then once the button is inserted, I can't change the link in the Properties menu at the bottom, but if you click Edit, you can go back and change the link if you need to.

thanks Liesje f I guess I'll try putting the code if i can't find the option for the link

onebloodone life, the thing with the buttons is I made them on Flash not on Dreamweaver with the Flash Button Option but I'll try your suggestion thanks a lot

Even if you made them in Flash, once you've inserted them into your Dreamweaver file you should still be able to click on each one and fill in the Link field below. As far as I can tell, Dreamweaver doesn't treat a Flash object any different than any other inserted object.

the thing is the link field below doesn't appear like it does with Images and Text

Liesje I'm not that stupid:wink: yes it is selected, (and thanks for the responses by the way)

I did the flash text in Dreamweaver that way I could put the links there at the little box that appears so no problem

by the way heres the page there's still some things I'll be changing these days, but not this weekend (today I'll be seeing Roger Waters and tomorrow Coldplay:drool: )

www.prophotospecs.com I'm pretty sure there's rules about ads this isn't one of them I live in Mexico so I don't expect

That's weird, that the object is selected but the Link field disappears. I've never seen that. I would just go into the code view and manually type it in.

Nevermind, I downloaded your site. Looks like the navbar is a single Flash object (which you can make a link, but is probably not what your want). I would make the links in Flash or make each button it's own Flash object.

Liesje said:
That's weird, that the object is selected but the Link field disappears. I've never seen that. I would just go into the code view and manually type it in.

Nevermind, I downloaded your site. Looks like the navbar is a single Flash object (which you can make a link, but is probably not what your want). I would make the links in Flash or make each button it's own Flash object.

which bar are you talking about? the ones I was having problems was the "portafolio" and "contacto" I couldn't find the way to link them to their respective pages, and I tried typing the codes but for some reason they didn't work that way or maybe I was typing them wrong but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case, anyway thanks for helping for the moment they are working so no problem

Back
Top Bottom