Facebook/Blackberry issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arw

Blue Crack Addict
I recently did an a Facebook update on my Blackberry. I get all of my emails from my yahoo account and all of my Facebook messages/notices sent to the same folder on my phone. Ever since then when I go to delete the email notifications on my phone, it also deletes my FB notifications. However, it now actually deletes the messages in my private message box on FB while my emails still really stay in my email account. So if I'm in the middle of a private conversation on FB and I go to delete everything in my phone's inbox, I loose all of my messages in my private message box for good while the emails are just deleted on my phone and I can still access them from my computer. I just deleted my inbox on my phone and it deleted messages for the past year in my FB inbox. Sorry, I'm clueless about technology so not sure if that makes sense but I don't know how else to explain it. How in the world do I get my phone to stop deleting messages on FB? Is there a way for me to get my FB notifications sent to a different folder on my phone? I'm not sure if this is an issue with my carrier or with FB. If it's with my carrier then I will have to go to one of their stores and have someone show me how to do this. But I feel like it's a FB issue since they've recently changed their message system and this just started to happen when I did the update.

oh I see how you are :angry:

;)

It took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about! :der: I have 9 more payments on my BB and then I'm switching to an iPhone. :D But for now I need to figure out this issue because I lost a few messages that I'm not happy about. :grumpy:

If it's any consolation, my FB is annoying as hell on my BB. I have Sprint.
I try to never do updates to anything because it almost certainly F-s the thing up.
Who's your service through?

I have T Mobile....I had Sprint for a week last year and never could use my phone in my house! When I called Sprint they said they show full coverage in my area so my house must just be blocked by a mountain which is why I don't show a signal on the phone. Mountains in the Twin Cities :hmm:

This is my first issue with my BB. I honestly know nothing about modern technology anymore but from what I've heard from my friends the only way I can listen to my iTunes on a phone is get an iPhone. I've had enough of carrying my BB and iPod with me for walks this summer so I need a combo package. But that's another story and something to worry about in 8-9 months when my BB is paid off. For now, I just need to figure how to delete my messages on my phone without deleting all of my messages on FB.

Back
Top Bottom