even newer apple product/updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My iPhone 4 contract expired on Saturday, and my provider is now offering the 4s and new iPad on a shared bundle. Getting it this week :hyper:

If I had a girlfriend I'd buy her an iphone5, they're easier to use, and would fit better in her small hand. plus it would get me some points with her girlfriends

choosing an iPhone is like choosing a religion, it is an opt in community for like-minded people that are happy with being a member of that community. Any discussion of merits is pointless.

choosing an iPhone is like choosing a religion, it is an opt in community for like-minded people that are happy with being a member of that community. Any discussion of merits is pointless.

That's pretty ridiculous.

I'll give you a good example. At work, we've always had blackberries, so I've had one of those for many years. Now that nobody wants to use blackberries anymore and because other platforms are no longer seen as less secure, we have moved to using Samsung Galaxy SIII (and now the iPhone 5 will arrive in a couple of months). In addition to this, I've had an iPhone that I use as my personal phone, and the reason being is that when I was working 80-90 hours a week, I drew the line when I would go out later at night on the weekends, etc. I wanted to have a phone where I wouldn't get e-mails from work at 1 am thereby ruining my evening.

So that's a pretty broad range of smart phones that I have used or am still currently using. And I still like the iPhone the best out of them. Not because I want to belong to some sort of secret society, but because I like it better than the others, having used all of them with the same frequency.

martha said:
I have a 4. If I buckle and download iOS 6, I'll lose my beloved Google maps, right? Or is that just with a 4s or a 5?

And if I don't download iOS6, will that stupid red "1" on the settings icon ever go away?

That red 1 has been driving me nuts on my ipad, I should just update the damn thing. Its been months.

If you like Google Maps, go to Android ;) accurate turn by turn navigation. Oh and Happy Friday Everyone.

i took my first panorama photo with malibu stacy tonight at the football game:

52754145446193343965267.jpg

Well, updating to the new os crashed my iPad and made me revert it to factory settings and reload everything. Aside from being a time sink, it was fine in the end, but you'd think it was an inferior windows product or something given the outright temper tantrum the thing threw.

I have a 4. If I buckle and download iOS 6, I'll lose my beloved Google maps, right? Or is that just with a 4s or a 5?

And if I don't download iOS6, will that stupid red "1" on the settings icon ever go away?

I have the 4 and so far the update has been a mistake. I hate their maps, you lose YouTube(you can download the YouTube app but it doesn't act the same), and you don't get the panoramic with the 4. So, I haven't really seen any reason for 4 users to update. I told my wife to wait until we are elgible for the upgrade to the iPhone 5.

I got an iPhone in 2008, used it until Nov 2011. I was basically happy. Met all my needs. Then I got the Samsung Galaxy IIS. The first couple of days, I missed the Apple OS I was used to. Within a week or 2, I got up to speed. If someone gave me a new 5 now that was paid for that I could use for free. I would still prefer the Samsung. Do you people really want to be without google maps and Youtube? What is the trade off? Also I would hate to have to run everything through iTunes.

The problem I have with the Galaxy SIII (the phone that we are given through work now) is that it's too big. Yeah, I know you'll have people who keep harping on screen size, but frankly I find the S III to be too bulky and bigger than I want my phone to be. It feels awkward when holding it against your ear, it's as if I'm talking to a tablet.

To each his own, but it's quite possible to use both phones and prefer the iPhone. :shrug:

Screen size is getting ridiculous for me. A 4.3 inch screen is pretty good, even 4.5 is pushing it. However, 3.5 (like previous iPhones) is a smidgen to small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom