Computer Game Question. HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Got Philk?

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Arizona, Tacoma, Philadelphia ,Atlanta, LA...
Ok, so I've been having this problem lately that I haven't had before.

As some of you might know, I just got a new video card and have been playing the games pretty much to the max potential and loving it. However, lately even at the lowest levels(I mean like 800x600 low detail etc) my games have been really choppy. I will try now my best to explain what goes on. I will use NBA Live 2006 as my example .

So I will start up the game and it will go through all the beginning things fine. The EA Sports guy does his thing and I get to the main menu. I go to my season and play a game and usually even this starts out ok. Over a little bit of time, things get kind of choppy, but ok. however, as I go on in the game, it gets worse and I cannot even see myself run down the floor really. Like I will somehow get from one side to the other without seeing me move. Very detrimental to playing defense. :)

Ok, that's just part of it. Now I will use all games. In most games, there are menus to choose and click right? So for say my Medal of Honor game I want to load a game. It takes about 3-5 seconds to recognize that it's on the menu button to click, then clicks and slowly that screen fades away and the new one comes very slowly. Honestly like this: very light...a little lighter, and finally there. But again, I move the mouse to click on the next thing...and same thing.

Like I said before, I just got the new vid. card. I also tested this out with my old card which ran NBA Live perfectly before. Same thing...no difference at all b/t the two so I really do not think it's the cards.

Any thoughts? Here's the computer specs:
Vid Card: ATI Radeon x1950 pro agp
Intel Celeron CPU 2.80 GHz
512 MB of RAM
80 GB of Hard Drive space...22.9 used.

Thanks!!!!!

I thought of something and I'm too lazy to get up and tell you - did you check the system requirements on the game's packaging? Does it have anything listed that we don't have in that computer?

Hey I got a splitting headache and every time I stand up I feel like I'm gonna barf.

Maybe we should use your old hard drive.

You two are funny. My roommate always calls me instead of coming to my room. Usually I prefer that she just stay on her side of the house though. Did I just say that? :wink:

Do you have the latest drivers? Can't really think of what it could be:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom