camera help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samralf

War Child
I am trying to figure out how to take good shots with Macro but I just can't get it to look good. When I look at the pictures I have taken I can't tell the difference between Auto and macro. I would like to take some good flower shots. I have a Canon S5. Any advice on how to shoot in Macro mode would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Well I'm eagerly awaiting Lies' response here, because I've only been able to make it work by backing the zoom off completely and then moving the camera in close to my subject, pressing down half way and letting the camera focus in on the object. I'm such a noob, I have no clue how this does/doesnt work sometimes, but I'm getting it by trial and error. if you look at the other thread in this section where I asked for camera recomendations you'll see a few of my first really amateur attempts at auto macro stuff...

I saw your pictures and I thought they were really nice. You have a cute pooch. As soon as it stops raining I'm going to do what you do and see if that helps. :)

Back
Top Bottom