Buying music online.....iTunes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
I would like to purchese some music online. I do have ITunes on my cpu but have never actually used it yet. (i perfer mp3's so that i can just burn them onto a disc and listen in the car)

When buying from Itunes i assume the format is not mp3. Is there anywhere you CAN buy mp3's? or is it easy to convert a music file from ITunes into an mp3 for cd burning purposes?

Yes, you can convert an MP4 file into MP3 easily through iTunes. You just have to change your default in iTunes to convert into MP3 format (I think the default is to convert it to AAC, which is the special Apple format).

Unless the song is protected and you can't convert it directly - or did they stop "locking" the songs a while back?

iTunes has stopped locking the tracks, but purchasing from Amazon is so much simpler, and, yes, it is mp3 format.

Yeah, iTunes now sells each track for $1.29 rather than $.99.......most of them.

Yes, there are a very small amount of songs that are more expensive than $.99. Anything priced higher than that is done because the shitty mainstream label wants to charge more than the standard going price for the song. The vast, VAST majority (as in, 90%+) of songs are still $.99.

Back
Top Bottom