Buying a New Computer with my tax refund

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
When I get my tax refund I plan on buying a new computer. I mainly want to use it for my photography. I am trying to get my business off the ground and I want a computer with about 4 to 8gb of ram a decent size Hard drive, I will be using external Hard Drives also as back up to save my work.

Are all-in-one computers any good. I know Imacs are all in one. They are way to expensive though. Unless you know where I can buy them Cheaper, my other option would be a Mac Mini????

As far as PC's any idea? HP, Sony,Acer?

If I was getting a new one I'd get an HP Touch Smart all in one. Don't know what the reviews of them are like (the few I've read online are very good) but I think they are so cool-and might be good for photography related tasks.

They're around $1000 and probably worth it

yeah I was looking at those too and the sony Viao all in one computers too.

For photography, I'd say avoid all in ones because you're stuck with the monitor. I've had a 22" for 18 months, and even that's starting to look small at times (for multiple windows). One may also want to upgrade to a pro monitor, and monitor prices are always falling.

I would be picky about graphics and the quality of the monitor and how it's calibrated or whatever. My laptop at home is not really intended for photo editing so I have to double check everything on my nicer ones at work to make sure it looks accurate.

i 4gb of Ram good and fast for a Mac with an Dual Core procesor?

I found an imac on bhphoto for 1,187 and plan on buying it with my refund but is 4gb enough for the work i will be doing which would be processing photos.

Back
Top Bottom