Burning Dual Layer DVDs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tiger Edge

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I've googled my little heart out trying to find a clear way how to do this.
I downloaded a 7.21 GB DVD of my U2 show and have the blank DVD+R DL disc at hand, along with Nero Burning ROM.
When I try to do the regular drag and burn thing, I get these error messages:

Is there a step I'm missing? I know it's probably different from burning regular DVDs, but I haven't found anyone/any article/forum help that has been able to give me an answer. I also downloaded the Nero help booklet (twice!) which won't even open on my computer.

If it helps, these are the files I'm trying to burn: http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/739/burnjb1.jpg

I'm no computer expert but I think it doesn't matter so much what software you have, it's more to do with the hardware. You need to have a dual-layer dvd drive (I'm not sure if that's the correct term in English!) in your desktop to be able to burn dual-layer dvds!

Last edited:
I’m no computer expert either, but I think you should be able to run the DVD files through a DVD shrink program to make them fit on a regular DVD.

Have you just pressed okay and burned anyway? Most of the time that File Allocation error means nothing and it plays fine after burning.

And if it's the DL of the Miami 10/14 show, I have burned it and it plays fine even with the error.

Ah, I should have updated. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with it.
There was no okay button to press. When it said it failed, the only thing left to click was "Done" and then it asked you if you'd like to try burning something else.
I ended up shrinking the DVD to 4 GBs and burning it on a regular DVDR.

Of course, now I have all these blank DVDR Dual discs that I have no use for. :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom