Best Blank Double-Layer DVDs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I'm finally getting back into downloading shows off of u2torrents now that I have a DL-dvd-R drive on my new computer. After discovering a few years back that there's a huge difference between a crappy blank DVD-R and a great DVD-R, I'm curious whether there are any brands of blank DL-DVDs that are truly the best.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! :wave:

I had to research that myself to get in on the latest and greatest bootlegs, and I read in multiple places that you should use Verbatim DVD+R DL discs, and to accept no substitutes.

So I bought those, and haven't had any problems with them. No idea if the "accept no substitutes" attitude is valid or not for DLs, but I haven't found a need to go find out.

Which is good, considering how pricey they are. I'd hate to try another brand and then be screwed with useless, crummy discs.

Thanks. That's what I figured after seeing the reviews on Amazon (Verbatim is pretty much the only thing that gets higher than 3 stars, and it's always 4.5 or 5 stars). Still, with the experience I'd had with a few dvd-r brands, I wanted to ask some real people before I dropped $30 or $50.

Thanks!

Not sure if they make dual layer, but as a general rule Taiyo Yuden produces the best media. Verbatim is also not a bad choice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom