Apple Update: The Beat Goes On

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As flash-based hard drives become cheaper and are manufactured in higher capacities, that will filter down to the iPod product lines.

Got the 80Gb iPod classic today! It's gorgeous in silver, and pretty good looking in black, but I prefer the silver. So much space for music and videos now! :drool:

LemonMacPhisto said:
Do you know if there are any cases out for it yet?

:hmm: I think both Belkin and Griffin have announced them, but I don't know if they're available yet.

onebloodonelife said:

:hmm: I think both Belkin and Griffin have announced them, but I don't know if they're available yet.

Thanks, I might hold out for a good hard plastic case though.

Yes, the iPod's gone from Shanghai, China to Anchorage, Alaska... it's gettin' closer.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Thanks, I might hold out for a good hard plastic case though.

Yes, the iPod's gone from Shanghai, China to Anchorage, Alaska... it's gettin' closer.

:up: They are so gorgeous in person, you will not be disappointed.

It came in today, absolutely gorgeous. The interface is a huge improvement, same with the screen.

:drool:

LemonMacPhisto said:
It came in today, absolutely gorgeous. The interface is a huge improvement, same with the screen.

:drool:

:drool: I love the new interface! Coverflow is laggy, but that's to be expected with a hard drive based player. Enjoy!

Thank you, it's nearly as awesome as your picture with Wayne "The Fucking Man" Coyne.

But not quite.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Thank you, it's nearly as awesome as your picture with Wayne "The Fucking Man" Coyne.

But not quite.

:lol: Well, there are not many things better than speaking to Wayne...it's understandable how your iPod is not quite as awesome.

The Agent 18 30 GB case fits for the new iPod, too. Aw, it's a beauty.

Just picked up a Silver 80GB iPod Classic today. the Apple Store was crazy, too. iPhones were selling like crazy. And the new iPod Nano, that I never really gave much of a thought, is just crazy cool in person. If they could squeeze 20 gigs into that enclosure I'd never buy anything else - the combo of a a small, wafer thin enclosure and a video screen is killer.

Diemen said:
Just picked up a Silver 80GB iPod Classic today. the Apple Store was crazy, too. iPhones were selling like crazy. And the new iPod Nano, that I never really gave much of a thought, is just crazy cool in person. If they could squeeze 20 gigs into that enclosure I'd never buy anything else - the combo of a a small, wafer thin enclosure and a video screen is killer.

Definitely. :up:

There are a few bugs with the iPod, some tracks won't play for whatever reason (but work on iTunes) and it resets on me during iTunes connection.

I'm not sure if it's the iPod software or it's iTunes 7.4, it could be both, but I'm leading towards the former.

I'm thinking of finally picking up my first iPod tomorrow! :hyper: Most probably 80GB in black. Prices have come down! :drool:

Couldn't hold out any longer after my car CD player broke and I was forced to listen to the radio.

Zootlesque said:
I'm thinking of finally picking up my first iPod tomorrow! :hyper: Most probably 80GB in black. Prices have come down! :drool:

Couldn't hold out any longer after my car CD player broke and I was forced to listen to the radio.

:hyper:

Are you going to make your car iPod ready, or are you going to use an FM Transmitter?
(Or if you have an old car with a tape deck...)

The FM transmitter sucks, in my personal experience. When you live in a big town, it's really hard to find a station that doesn't have a pirate radio on it. I find that in specific parts of Miami I can't use any sort of FM transmitter without having Hatians screaming in the background about something.
I even had it on my phone line for a few years. I should have learned Creole. :hmm:

There's a firmware update for the iPod out now. It seems to help a lot with the lag issues while moving through the new UI.

PlaTheGreat said:

:hyper:

Are you going to make your car iPod ready, or are you going to use an FM Transmitter?
(Or if you have an old car with a tape deck...)

I'm not sure. The tape method would probably be the cheapest but my car is too new to even have a cassette deck! Ideally I'd like to get an iPod integrated unit installed so I'm definitely gonna inquire about it at Best Buy/Circuit City. Second option is getting an aux-in port installed and then I'd just need a cable. Worst case I'll get an FM transmitter. But the good thing since I live in the countryside, it might be easier to find a free station so there may not be much or any static.. I'm hoping!

onebloodonelife said:
There's a firmware update for the iPod out now. It seems to help a lot with the lag issues while moving through the new UI.

Thank you, hopefully this will fix the problems I've been having.

Zoots, I have one of the FM transmitters and it's been great. If you go that route, I suggest that you go for the Belkin Travel Kit or DB one.

Got my 80 GB Black! :hyper: I also got a DLO Transpod FM transmitter because it had the best reviews I ever saw. The thing can be mounted right onto the dashboard and plugged in, so there's no wires. 90 bucks including taxes at Best Buy and then I come home and see the same product on eBay for anything from $20 to $40. Only thing is there is no gaurantee on eBay. :slant: I could still return the one I got and go eBay. :hmm:

The DLO! That's the one I have, not DB. :lol:

It is the best one out there, fo' sho.

Fo' sho!

Back
Top Bottom