Apple media event, Tue Aug 7th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
Rumors are that we'll see the next generation of the iMac, as well as possibly a look at a next revision of the iPod to launch in time for the holidays.

Looks like the Mac Mini may be discontinued, as well.

Yay Apple events!

The more new iPods that come out, the cheaper all the other older iPods get. :drool:

Right? Or am I just deluded? :reject:

Well, they get cheaper on eBay, but I'm pretty sure Apple will just stop selling the older models.

I tend to think that the new iPods will be like the iPhone insofar as no more click wheel. I envision a wheel popping up on screen. And the picture when watching movies will be so much better. If I'm right, that is.

Hmm the new iMac looks intriguing. I like the smaller form-factor. The new screen border looks a tad bit close to those Toshiba notebooks, at least that is what it reminds me of.

I'm sure I'll warm up to it. Price drops never hurt, either.

People seem to either love or hate glossy flatscreen displays, however, compared to a matte display. That thing is going to need a lot of wiping with the included cloth :wink:

Last edited:
Dont forget about keynote in iWork too...:) my sense of new iPods points to September, I do believe in the new iPod nano with video capabilites. Maybe iPod 6th G with multitouch. Anyway I'm proud of the new iMacs they look like big iPhones. Actually someone said they were separated at birth. LOL ! Btw... This was posted from my new iphone ;)
-FCA

onebloodonelife said:

iWork has always included Pages, but Numbers is new. I'm interested in the new iPhoto...but not sure if I want to spend the $79...since they basically took away the education discount on iLife and iWork :madspit:
but not in the new iMacs, and u know they come with iLife 08 incorporated plus free nano :) better deal, huh? LOL
- FCA

fca780 said:

but not in the new iMacs, and u know they come with iLife 08 incorporated plus free nano :) better deal, huh? LOL
- FCA

:shrug: I just got a new Macbook in May, so there's not going to be any new Mac purchases for quite awhile from me. For me, iLife isn't a great deal because I don't really shoot video, and what little I do is handled well by the current iMovie. So, the only iLife application that I use on a frequent basis (besides iTunes, which is free) is iPhoto. Not worth $79 to me...I am considering buying iWork for college, mostly for Keynote. But, yeah, for people who were holding off on buying Macs, this is a great deal.

I know...it used to be $20 off. Oh well. I hope they keep the current education discount for OS X. Now, that's a great discount. $129 normal price, and $79 for edu discount.

i've been waiting for the new version of iWork for next year

Keynotes for my thesis presentation :drool:

Open Office is cutting my need for microsoft

Last edited:
A video iPod nano? That's crazy.

Hopefully news about the 6th gen iPod will come out soon, mine's starting to crap out after a year and a half.

Back
Top Bottom