A controversial topic: black v. white

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Queen Bee should purchase the...

• Mega-sexy black iPod

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • Mega-classy white iPod

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

Queen Bee

Blue Crack Addict
Please don't shoot him. He's just an intern.
Yeah, yeah, so it's another iPod thread.

I've had the first edition of the U2 iPod for 2 years come November. It's pretty much unusable these days. I can't skip tracks after 2 to 3 minutes of use. Every function on the scroll wheel acts as if it's middle clicking instead of what it really should be doing. I've done multiple system restores but the same problems cropped up after a couple of minutes. I've had no luck uploading songs either. This allllll started after I accidentally dropped my iPod while it was connected to my computer during an update. My warranty's expired and I'm not willing to shell out more than 50-100 dollars to get it fixed. I'd rather upgrade to bigger and better things. Besides, I've wanted a video iPod for a couple of months anyway. It's win-win!

Let me introduce you to my future best friend:

The 80GB Video iPod
ipodszi5.png

But I'm stuck on what color to purchase! My first thought was to get it in black, but I'm not too wild about the black scroll wheel. Aaaand then there's the classic white edition. I've been hearing that scratches are apparently harder to see on the white model. I usually don't care about scratches. Hell, my uPod is in awful condition but that's my fault for purchasing the craptastic DLO Action Jacket that somehow managed to scratch my iPod while I had it protected :tsk:

Um, I don't know where I'm going with this anymore.

Which one looks better? Which one would YOU purchase?

I'm also going to buy an iSkin cover, so feel free to give me some testimonials on the iSkin if you've got one. Or suggest something that offers better protection if such a thing exists. My research is showing me that the iSkin is the true elite of the elites. I'm mostly just concerned about the screen getting scratched.

One more thing, is the free laser engraving from apple.com really worth it?

My new best friend's fate is in your hands, Interference.

Thanks!

Last edited:
i'm gonna purchase the black one myself. just because it's cooler. and the leather case.

how can you ask if something free is worth it? that doesn't make sense.

of course, you would want the laser engraving... and it should read: I :heart: U2Man . you would regret it for the rest of your life, if you didn't get it.

I was just thinking... since my iPod will constantly be kept in the cover there's really no need to get the laser engraving. When will I ever bother looking at it??

I can't remember the last time I pulled out my uPod from the cover to look at the [100% authentic] U2 signatures. Sure, maaaaybe two or three times when I delicately licked Bono's signature, but that was ages ago! :eek:

I got my video ipod as a gift, and they got me white.
I got my daughter the Nano, and got her a black one.
The black does look so sleek and sexy :drool:

I would go with black personally. I have an iSkin for my 20gb 4G iPod and love it. It's so much better than the other case I had for it. It's pretty thick, so I think it protects it well, but I haven't dropped it lately, so I wouldn't know.

Queen Bee said:
:blahblah:

EXPLAIN WHY, PLEASE.

I own a white one and my brother owns the black. His iPod is ugly and not at all classy - not even when it was scratch-free.

He has so many scratches on his iPod! I don't know how he can see anything on the screen. He takes very poor care of it (of course, he's not the one who paid for it so why would he?) and likes to keep it in his pocket with his keys :|.

Anyway, mine is hotter.

Zootlesque said:
Tee why, Zoot. Tee why.

I'm so used to the black because I have the U2 iPod. But...I really like the red scroll wheel, so I don't know how I feel about the black on black. I think I'd go with the white. :drool:

I'm not sure though. :mad:

Well, the white one tends to get a bit dirty looking after a while, that's what my nephew said, and he does keep it in good condition. After a while though, it does not keep it's appearance well.

I just got the 30Gb U2 version with the updated 60% brighter screen. That sucker is BRIGHT.
I'm also planning to order the U2 case from Apple, it went down in price to $39.

Go with the black iPod one and get the Black Bose Soundock. I love mine, and they look and sound awesome together.

Btw..........................why the 80Gb? for Video downloading?

My $.02

white electronics are cheap looking

black and get it engraved. If it said U2 man is sexy no one would ever steal it and claim it as their own

Okay, that's it. There have been no convincing arguments for the white iPod (sorry, gottage), so I'm going to buy the black one. I'll miss my red scrollwheel but I'll just have to cope with that loss :(:(:(

RedrocksU2 said:
Btw...why the 80Gb? for Video downloading?

Yeah, mostly. My music library is too large for the 30GB. I was considering buying a refurbished 60GB iPod for a while. Actually, I've still been considering it. Hmmmm. Okay, now I'm going to be on the fence over 60GB v. 80GB :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom