Your Favorite Super Hero Movies Of All Time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

80sU2isBest

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
What would you say are your favorite Superhero movies of all time? Not necessarily "the best", but the ones that you like the most, for whatever reason?

Here's mine:

(1) Batman (1966): I was born in 1967. "Batman" was one of my first words. By the time I was old enough to watch TV, the 1960s Batman was in reruns. I loved it. It was a big part of my world. The 1966 Batman movie had all 4 top Bat villains. How cool is that? Definitely my sentimental favorite.

(2) Batman Forever: I know most people don't like it, but I think it was way fun.

(3) Batman Begins

(4) Superman Returns; Another movie panned by critics. But the story had a lot of heart, and evoked a lot of that Superman symbolism (Moses, Jesus, etc.)

(5) Spiderman 3

(6) Spiderman 1

(7) Spiderman 2

(8) Unbreakable - Doesn't fit your usual "Superhero" mold, but nevertheless is a movie about a Superhero.

If we count Unbreakable, that would be my #1, but I'll just go with comic book adaptations.

1. Batman Begins

2. Spider-Man 2

3. X2

4. The Dark Knight

5. Superman Returns

6. Batman Returns

7. Thor

8. Iron Man

9. The Incredible Hulk

10. Daredevil (director's cut)

1) Iron Man

2) The recent Spiderman trilogy (I know y'all love it when people bunch three movies together on these lists)

3) Batman Forever (I just can't let it go)

4) Batman Returns

5) The Dark Knight

6) Superman Returns

7) Superman II

8) The most recent Hulk film

9) X-Men

I can't think of any others right now I'd be willing to put on a favorites list...we'll see.

I probably should have put Mystery Men pretty high on the list too, just for laughs.

What is this, a thread of lists? Could have sworn there was something suited to that.

Hah! Hadn't considered that. Oh well, I'm sure conversation will come out of it at least. Not that we don't converse in the list thread, and not that there haven't already been a thousand films like this one.

Anyway, superheros? Big fan of Watchmen, Spiderman 2, Batman Returns... the Matrix films.

Another Chance to Drool over Mask of the Phantasm

1. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
2. Spider-Man 2
3. The Dark Knight
4. Batman Returns
5. Superman II
6. X2: X-Men United
7. Batman '66
8. Thor
9. Iron Man
10. Batman Begins

I'm just rollin' with comic book adaptations, otherwise The Incredibles would be my #1. Hell, All-Star Superman almost made the cut.

:doh: on Watchmen, that'd probably land about 7th on my list, and Phantasm is excellent, I was going purely with live action comic adaptations.

The biggest reason why I include it is because it had a theatrical release.

Yeah, I thought hard about it, but stuck with live action. Also LMP, let me give you a :hi5: for being the only other person to put the hyphen in Spider-Man.

I don't usually do lists, because I have lived long enough to know that what I would have put at the top fifteen years ago, might not even be my top 10 now.

Also, with time, I forget or even remember them wrong.

The Dark Knight - works well on almost every level.
Watchmen, if I divide a movie into 10 components, this movie gets solid 9.5 on at least 6-7 components. On some of the others it get 2s and 3s.
Scott Pilgrim- I am not familiar with the Graphic Novel at all. But this movie is full of all kinds of win and not much of anything that does not work. And I remember sitting through the previews thinking it would be crap.

250px-Bruce_66b941bf6865af67339e700c4f085fca.jpg

Nothing more awesome than Bruce Willis vs. Samuel L. Jackson.

My pick as M. Night's best film (not that there's a slew of great candidates).

Unbreakable though, is a prime example of slow burn story-telling, and in a Hollywood movie at that. Of course that's only until it punches you in the gut in the final scene.

Superhero flicks and comic book adaptations aren't mutually exclusive.

Back
Top Bottom