X-Files 2 Movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't have to imagine!

cc015.jpg

rosephile said:
God, I need to check out this place more often. X-FIIIIIIILES. ahem.

So, what's going on now, anyone know? If anyone has tips on when/where filming's going on, I can try to get someone to get there with a camera (if it's in LA) while I sit 1500 miles away in utter jealosy. ;)

If you go back a couple of pages I have most of the updated info on filming. It's filming in the natural home of the X-Files, Vancouver, British Columbia(where I live).They recently were on X-mas hiatus but just started back up again(8 Jan). Filming first started at the begin. of Dec.

Gillian Anderson was definitely in Vancouver as of Sunday when she did breakfast at Tomahawk restaurant(she must have went there many times for the great food!) on Vancouver's North Shore, close to the Studio(which is across the harbour from downtown Van).

Current filming locations this week is in Chinatown and at Dead Man's Island, which is a small peninsula right across from downtown. It's a Naval Reserve base. Island in foreground with Vancouver's West End in background - http://i12.tinypic.com/7ymo2mu.jpg

Extra bit. The original composer and for the theme song for the X-Files series, Mark Snow, is back to do XF2.

71yupf7.jpg

2 new fantastic wallpapers snapped of Mulder and Scully in the last month -

http://i11.tinypic.com/6uh8kzs.jpg
http://i8.tinypic.com/82nwcgp.jpg

You're amazing, slipstream, with all your info. I loved Mark Snow's music, but it got a bit lazy with the fake orchestration toward the end. My favorite music has to be from especially the mythology episodes in Seasons 3 through 5. Just amazing stuff. Do you know him? How can we get Fox to allow him to release his music on CD? I've read in interviews he's wanted to do that since the end of the show. So stupid for Fox to hold onto it so much, especially since the only music used on the DVD menus was from the music that was released on CD. If they'd allowed more releases, there'd be more great music available for these DVD menus. Idiots!

BonosBaby12 said:
If I remember correctly Chris is a surfer isn't he?
Yeah, he used to be the editor of a surfer magazine. When he agreed to come back to do a 9th season of The X-Files because Fox was going ahead with the series without him, he made them let him have a 2 week vacation so he could surf.

It's such a strange juxtaposition with his very serious demeanor in interviews and his restraint on things like audio commentaries in which he gives little away about his writing process. I really admire him, though.

Here's a couple more pics of Mulder and Scully on here:
http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_ezine&task=read&page=1&category=1&article=4132

Last edited:
corianderstem said:
It's filming now, hence the picture of Mulder and Scully posted a few posts ago.

Um, you know what I mean! *Specifics*. Like, "they'll be filming on La Brea and Melrose on the 20th" or "they're currently up in Bakersfield." So people can GO check it out and report back. Hell, if I get really lucky (well, as "lucky" as I can get living vicariously through friends) and the city's using a friend of mine as liason for public filming, he could get an X-Phile friend on set all day long.

Thanks for the USA Today link, Muldfeld. :)

But Carter believes they'll be drawn by something else: the show's stars, David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson.

"For me, The X-Files has always been a romance," he says. "They had an intellectual romance that's very rare and restrained compared to so many relationships on TV. I think that's what appealed most to the fans. And they're back."

...God, I love Chris Carter.

Thanks, Slipstream, I'll go back & read. I only read the last page or two before. Also, good to hear Mark Snow's doing the score! I was annoyed later on how he recycled all his XF music in Smallville episodes and such, but he's still pretty awesome. Wouldn't want anyone else doing it.

Filming update -

The production may be moving up north of Vancouver now, which was originally planned back in Dec. The Pemberton area, near Whistler ski resort, and the community of Mount Currie. They can expect to see this type of scenery which is the classic gloomy X-Files we saw from the earlier part of the series.
11r94ye.jpg

Spoiler!! Two new shots of DD and GA taken on Saturday! Warning - they can be a bit large for some computers.

http://i32.tinypic.com/wbcsbr.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/k96tdz.jpg

bonoishot said:

yeah hurry up summer. :drool:

:yes: I will be there opening night!

I am also glad that this movie will not focus on the Alien Conspiracy theme that has been the focus of the show and the previous movie.
I am willing to bet it will deal with one or all of the following plots:
cults(Bad Blood),paranormal activities,(Christmas Carol )cryptology(Auga Mala/Alpha), or mutant beings of some sort (Humbug/Detour).

This would make the movie more appealing to people who are not familiar with the entire history of the X-files.

Thanks for the update! Man, someday I really want to do a nostalgic Vancouver/X-Files filming sites trip. Somewhere I have that locations book, ''X' Marks the Spot'...

I've got a couple for now and I'll post some more at the weekend.

Mulder's apartment building which is the Wellington on York Street in the Kitsilano Beach area of Vancouver.
fk4p4l.jpg

Mulder's window? Don't know which one.
nmwwvp.jpg

rosephile said:
Thanks for the update! Man, someday I really want to do a nostalgic Vancouver/X-Files filming sites trip. Somewhere I have that locations book, ''X' Marks the Spot'...

I'd love to do that aswell. Next tour a bunch of X-Files fans should watch the Vancouver shows and tour the X-Files locations together. :lol:

:drool:

Slipstream said:
^^exactly.

:wave: neighbour!

So I take it you are cool with the fact that this X-Files movie will appeal to the masses. On some of the other XF boards the old die hards are rather perturbed.

:shrug:

I'll take any X-Files in any shape or form! I'm not bothered if they did a mythology film or not. I think doing a stand alone episode is a positive thing as bringing in new viewers could give longer life to the series and henceforth give the opportunity to revisit the mythology down the road when the franchise has garnered a bigger fan base.

**btw - The photos I posted of Mulder's were not mine, but I got them from some fans. It's about five mins from my house though!

Scully's, which is located in Vancouver's West End.
14w3nfq.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom