X-Files 2 Movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Muldfeld said:
Yeah, but you should take my comments in context. I'm not insulting a member here. She's a celebrity, and I'm just referring to my gut reaction because she's done so many slutty roles.

Context? Listen, I'm the first to snark all over a celebrity - I mean, look at my avatar!

I take issue to calling a woman "slutty," unless you know for a fact she sleeps with 15 different men a day.

I don't care how many roles she's played where you think she's "slutty." I don't care if you she makes you want to poke your eyes out with a rusty fork. I also don't care if I'm the only one harping on the issue around here.

If I see someone calling women sluts or whores, I'll say something about it, because I don't think that's okay.

Muldfeld said:
I was happy about Anabeth Gish at the time, but when I watch back she's wasn't on par with Duchovny, Anderson and Patrick in acting. [/B]

I didn't mind Doggett, and in fact grew to like his character. But Monica Reyes? Completely useless and so annoying.

Robert Patrick gets a free pass in anything because he was the fucking T-1000. But he was good in this show, too.

Is Millennium worth checking out, or is it as terrible as the 4400?

corianderstem said:

I don't care how many roles she's played where you think she's "slutty." I don't care if you she makes you want to poke your eyes out with a rusty fork. I also don't care if I'm the only one harping on the issue around here.

If I see someone calling women sluts or whores, I'll say something about it, because I don't think that's okay.

Exactly, are we to perceive Bruce Willis as a real cop or detective because he plays one a lot?

I think Muldfeld may have a slight issue with women. In his "reviews" he's constantly commenting on "have sex already", "strip or get off the show", and now this, it just rubs me the wrong way...

More info from X-Files News -

-According to The Movie Blog, Lance Henriksen will not be starring in X-Files 2. "A very trusted source who has spoken to Mr.Henriksen recently, in his conversation with him Lance revealed that he will not be involved with the new ‘X-files’ film, and that the rumors have blown way out of proportion."

-Sources claim that Ten Thirteen had to extend their casting for actors to New York after difficulties finding actors in the other regions. Previously it has been Los Angeles for principle parts and Vancouver for secondary parts. Casting for all parts, however, has by now concluded.

-According to several sources, Timothy Olyphant is set to start in the upcoming X-Files feature film. According to Filmstalker, apparently he revealed all on an L.A. sports radio show that he has been known to hang out on.

- ......and for the DD fans - David Duchovny seems to be sporting a new haircut at the Showtime holiday party on December 4th. While not confirmed here, it certainly looks like this could be Mulder's new haircut for the upcoming X-Files movie - if not this is certainly a close look to what we can expect.

8g7pp54.jpg

71phl43.jpg

4 more days til filming starts!!

Last edited:
Production Set To Go Monday

The Teamsters(union) production schedule which was revised on Monday 3rd (as Ten Thirteen altered their contract agreement with the union to add 19% fringe benefits) still has XF2 - 'Done One' scheduled to begin on Monday 10th.

Cast so far -

Gillian Anderson - Dana Scully
David Duchovny - Fox Mulder
Timothy Olyphant - Brian Finch - rumoured
Amanda Peet - Agent Samantha Pitney
Xzibit - Agent Manheim .......oh dear
Billy Connolly - Robert Coe

corianderstem said:

Context? Listen, I'm the first to snark all over a celebrity - I mean, look at my avatar!

I take issue to calling a woman "slutty," unless you know for a fact she sleeps with 15 different men a day.

Yeah, but I was talking about the impression she's given me based on her roles. When I first said that, I acknowledged it was somewhat irrational, but she evokes someone who sleeps around, based on the characters she's portrayed. I don't think that's unfair, and I don't think it's something to take personally unless you're a huge fan or something. It's just a gut reaction based on my early impression of her roles; she's never acted really well to reverse my impression, but it's not something I would state publicly. It's a message board, and I'm talking about a gut reaction in the moment; people do it all the time, and you shouldn't take it as a condemnation of women or hypocritical male appraisal.

I don't want to hurt her or do anything mean. She's just type-cast herself in my eyes, and that's her fault for taking those roles or my problem for having to deal with it when I see her in a reputable film like "Syriana" and makes me not want to see her there. Maybe this new role in The X-Files will reverse that impression I have of her.

Last edited:
I'm kinda excited about Connelly. I remember him from the last year or so of "Head of the Class" when he replaced Mr. Moore as the teacher of that gifted class. That's my strongest and earliest memory of him.

Slipstream said:
Production Set To Go Monday

The Teamsters(union) production schedule which was revised on Monday 3rd (as Ten Thirteen altered their contract agreement with the union to add 19% fringe benefits) still has XF2 - 'Done One' scheduled to begin on Monday 10th.

Cast so far -

Gillian Anderson - Dana Scully
David Duchovny - Fox Mulder
Timothy Olyphant - Brian Finch - rumoured
Amanda Peet - Agent Samantha Pitney
Xzibit - Agent Manheim .......oh dear
Billy Connolly - Robert Coe
It's amazing you know all this stuff, slipstream. Be honest (and of course you don't have to be), do you know Chris Carter?

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:

Is Millennium worth checking out, or is it as terrible as the 4400?
While I find your general approach in this and other threads dirty, obnoxious and harrassing, I would say that Millennium's first season is incredibly strong from the get-go. The pilot is a bit heavy and the family drama gets considerably better a few more episodes in, but it's a very well-crafted show in that first season with great acting, excellent dialogue and overall writing -- all helped with a massive budget from Fox.

I would also add that in terms of real world implications, Millennium actually tried to show serial killers as relatable in that they weren't one-dimensional characters all the time, but complex, sympathetic and guilt-ridden, showing that guilt isn't enough to stop people. Murderers are not so different from "civilized people" and that we all can snap in the wrong circumstances and upbringing. I think it's tremendously important in a culture (here and abroad) in which people are so ready to take out their hatred toward those in prison.

However, there was an element of incorporating "evil" with which I was not comfortable because it appeals to the worst kinds of thinking in our society -- of writing people and their treatment off as pointless because they're "evil". There was also a sensationalistic thread of millennial prophesy (it was the late '90s) as behind the supposed increasing depravity in society. This is largely a myth right wing conservatives have been proclaiming with the empty mantra of "family values" over big government, while ignoring the suffering of blacks and their celebrated lynchings in the supposedly simpler times, or refusing to fund essential programs for the poor, which only leads to more violent crime. It's a minor element in most episodes and I prefer to just ignore it.

I don't think Chris Carter would have written the show with these elements nowadays, aside from the fact it's past the year 2000. He has a strongly liberal critical approach to evaluating American society that runs throughout The X-Files, touching on themes and events from Watergate, Vietnam's atrocities and the ill-treatment of its veterans, and WWII atrocities. He'd know this not the time to be satisfying ourselves with simplistic notions of "evil" to explain conflict in the world.

While The 4400 had and continues to have problems with budgets affecting casting and effects, it's vision is far superior, and it has grown into something incredibly moving and insightful in Seasons 3 and the latter 2 thirds of Season 4. In contrast, Millennium seriously declined, as Fox destroyed a subtle, interesting show through new heads Morgan and Wong in Season 2. They made it simplistic, preposterously conspiratorial, and melodramatic; the dialogue and character motivations just became silly and obvious. There were only a few good episodes by other writers. Season 3 was mostly embarrassing as well, as an exhausted Carter and Spotnitz wrote some of the worst scripts of that season.

The 4400, in the end, is a much better and more important show in its spirit of conveying the nature of humanity (no good and evil or easy answers to ethical dilemmas) and the issues of our time, but it's craft isn't always as subtle. In its first season, Millennium is amazing, more refined, and has beautifully dark ideas and dialogue.

Last edited:
As long as it's entertaining, then I'll check it out. I'm fine being dirty, obnoxious, and harassing, but are you cool with being obsessive?

Sorry, I won't derail this thread any farther.

Last edited:
It's amazing you know all this stuff, slipstream. Be honest (and of course you don't have to be), do you know Chris Carter?

haha...As a matter of fact I used to supply props to the X-Files when it filmed in Vancouver ages ago...but I don't know him.

Muldfeld said:
Yeah, but I was talking about the impression she's given me based on her roles. When I first said that, I acknowledged it was somewhat irrational, but she evokes someone who sleeps around, based on the characters she's portrayed. I don't think that's unfair, and I don't think it's something to take personally unless you're a huge fan or something. It's just a gut reaction based on my early impression of her roles; she's never acted really well to reverse my impression, but it's not something I would state publicly. It's a message board, and I'm talking about a gut reaction in the moment; people do it all the time, and you shouldn't take it as a condemnation of women or hypocritical male appraisal.

Holy fucking wow.

Done with this discussion.

Can you say madonna/whore complex?

Anyway, Amanda Peet was fantastic and very moving in Igby Goes Down from a few years back. I wouldn't underestimate her in anything after that.

Besides, she couldn't possibly be worse than Denise Richards playing a scientist in that James Bond movie.

Updates!!!

2 Passes for A Day on the Set of TXF2 (donated by Gillian Anderson):

-The lucky winner and guest are entitled to spend an entire day on the set of the 2nd X-Files movie in Vancouver, BC.
-Meet the cast that's on set on the day of your visit! Take photos when appropriate. Eat all you want. The Craft Services on the film set will keep you well fed.
-Visit requires a scheduled appointment approved by the Production Manager. - Visit dates available are weekdays between Monday Feb. 11 and Friday Feb. 29, excluding Feb. 15 and Feb. 18.
-Transportation, incidentals and lodging will NOT be provided. Travel to and from the production location will be the winner's sole responsibility.
-Auction start date: Friday, December 14, 2007 on eBay
-Proceeds from this fund-raiser will benefit NF, Inc.

more info - http://www.gilliananderson.ws

Slipstream said:
Updates!!!

2 Passes for A Day on the Set of TXF2 (donated by Gillian Anderson):

-The lucky winner and guest are entitled to spend an entire day on the set of the 2nd X-Files movie in Vancouver, BC.
-Meet the cast that's on set on the day of your visit! Take photos when appropriate. Eat all you want. The Craft Services on the film set will keep you well fed.
-Visit requires a scheduled appointment approved by the Production Manager. - Visit dates available are weekdays between Monday Feb. 11 and Friday Feb. 29, excluding Feb. 15 and Feb. 18.
-Transportation, incidentals and lodging will NOT be provided. Travel to and from the production location will be the winner's sole responsibility.
-Auction start date: Friday, December 14, 2007 on eBay
-Proceeds from this fund-raiser will benefit NF, Inc.

more info - http://www.gilliananderson.ws
If I didn't have school, I might consider going.

I don't know if anyone's posted this but here's a pic from the set:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=40168

Mulder's back to his Season 5 hair style. So cool, and he's 47!

lazarus said:
Can you say madonna/whore complex?

Anyway, Amanda Peet was fantastic and very moving in Igby Goes Down from a few years back. I wouldn't underestimate her in anything after that.

Besides, she couldn't possibly be worse than Denise Richards playing a scientist in that James Bond movie.
Oh, spare me. Everyone has gut reactions to certain actors. That's why they work so hard to not get type cast. I probably would have had the same impression of David Duchovny if he'd only been known for that awful Zalman King erotica "Red Shoe Diaries", especially where he starred in it.

People should be allowed to express gut impressions about something as trivial as b-list actors who come from a background of upper class wealth and privilege, rather than a trailer park like Britney Spears (who definitely had poor role models) without being so dismissively attacked. I wouldn't approach Amanda Peet this way, but it would be an impression I would have to fight through and when I see her on screen, it's my first impression. When I see Jean-Claude Van Damme, I think "idiot" and when I see Leonardo Di Caprio, I think whiney brat. I used to think very negatively of Ben Afleck until I saw him supporting John Kerry and heard him in interviews. I still think poorly of Jennifer Garner, but I don't think of her as a slut at all; just a really bad actress who has a high opinion of herself (based on a Conan interview).

I haven't seen this film of which you're talking about, I might have a different impression, too. Besides, I'm sure we all have all kinds of impressions of Denise Richards by now.

Some of the people on this board are more concerned with the feelings of celebrities they'll never meet than those with whom they interact on the board.

Last edited:
First pics from the set in Vancouver! If you're in Vancouver for the next two days they're filming on Homer Street near the main Canada Post building. Two streets are covered in fake snow.

7xcitd3.jpg

834sqjr.jpg

6wp9tf9.jpg

8byh5yv.jpg

81sorvd.jpg

854odc1.jpg

71mki1z.jpg

Credits to XFN and flynetonline.

Muldfeld said:
Some of the people on this board are more concerned with the feelings of celebrities they'll never meet than those with whom they interact on the board.

Not so much, no.

I have a problem with people calling women "slutty." Which I'd already said.

Gut reactions are fine and good - we all have them. But there's a difference between having a gut reaction that says "Ugh, that actress plays a lot of slutty characters" and a gut reaction that says "Ugh, that actress is slutty."

And if you can't see the difference, then ...

(Yeah, I know I said I was done, but I couldn't let that go.)

Last edited:
If I met Chris Carter, I'd demand an answer as to why he fucked up my favorite show so badly.

:grumpy:

(But then I'd admit I'd see the new movie on opening night anyway.)

Muldfeld said:

Oh, spare me. Everyone has gut reactions to certain actors. That's why they work so hard to not get type cast. I probably would have had the same impression of David Duchovny if he'd only been known for that awful Zalman King erotica "Red Shoe Diaries", especially where he starred in it.

Speak for yourself. I don't bother to think I know any celebrity based on their roles.

I think it's bullshit and it's an example of how obsessive our society is... We actually think we know these artists and celebrities based on their art. We don't, we don't know these people, stop pretending that you do.

Muldfeld said:

People should be allowed to express gut impressions about something as trivial as b-list actors who come from a background of upper class wealth and privilege, rather than a trailer park like Britney Spears (who definitely had poor role models) without being so dismissively attacked.

What does this have to do with anything? :huh:

Justin24 said:
BVS are you an X-Phile?

I was a fan up until the last season and then just lost all interest.

I'm hoping this movie can go back and find that magic that this show used to have.

I'm very hesitant, I'll give it a chance.

So, I finally bought the X-File FTF DVD today for only $8 :D

I had it on VHS and finally I get to enjoy it on DVD. I'm watching it now, and it's been so long since I had seen it that I had forgotten a lot.

So good :drool:

corianderstem said:

Not so much, no.

I have a problem with people calling women "slutty." Which I'd already said.

Gut reactions are fine and good - we all have them. But there's a difference between having a gut reaction that says "Ugh, that actress plays a lot of slutty characters" and a gut reaction that says "Ugh, that actress is slutty."

And if you can't see the difference, then ...

(Yeah, I know I said I was done, but I couldn't let that go.)
Yeah, but I was just trying to be honest, and I wasn't trying to make a public statement or anything about it. I wouldn't consciously relate to her that way, but, in the back of my mind, her image conjures up that unlikeable persona.

It's odd because I was flipping through the channels and came across Natasha Henstrige, who's essentially known for playing sexy characters, but I have no such impressions of her. Maybe it's because I've seen her on talk shows. I don't know. Sometimes the characters people play crosses into the mind of the viewer. I've heard William B. Davis say he was confronted by viewers of the show who reacted to him meanly and with suspicion. I'm not saying it's okay to react to actors that way, and I don't think that women who sleep with several men are morally different than men who sleep with many women (at least that's what I keep trying to teach myself).

However, on an unconscious and conscious level, we have certain impressions of the kinds of characters actors portray. I don't think Amanda Peet is a slut; she married the writer David Benioff, who has done some nice films, but he's not exactly a massive celebrity, so she's probably not too superficial. She's also from a privileged, educated background. I wouldn't treat her poorly. It's just that when I see her on screen, I have this negative reaction to the unlikeable characters I've seen her portray. I'm not saying it's right. It just is, and I think that's okay. Casting directors do it all the time.

I just didn't want you to think I was being sexist, or that I generally react to women that way. I think you got this impression of me from my comments about a celebrity, and I relate to celebrities and especially the characters they portray in a completely different way than I would physical people.

Back
Top Bottom