X-Files 2 Movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am becoming less and less skeptical of this actually happening. (I'm still skeptical that they're not going to screw it up.)

Exclusive: The X Files 2 Starts Shooting Dec. 10
Source: Diva
October 29, 2007

After years of David Duchovny talking about the sequel, and almost 10 years after the first feature, 20th Century is finally ready to start production on The X Files 2 with the actor in place to reprise his role of Special Agent Fox Mulder. Gillian Anderson is also expected to be back on board to play Special Agent Dana Scully.

Shooting is scheduled to begin on December 10 in Vancouver under the direction of series creator Chris Carter. Carter and Frank Spotnitz wrote the script.

The studio is referring to the film in casting breakdowns as "Done One."

The popular series ran on Fox from 1993 to 2002. Rob Bowman directed the first feature, which hit theaters on June 19, 1998.

[ from comingsoon.net ]

Muldfeld said:
This just in from Sci Fi Wire:

Duchovny Has X-Files Reunion

The X-Files star David Duchovny told SCI FI Wire that he had a reunion lunch with co-star Gillian Anderson and series creator Chris Carter in Los Angeles recently to discuss the long-gestating X-Files big-screen sequel film.

"That was nice," Duchovny said while promoting his latest film, Things We Lost in the Fire. "I see Chris quite a bit. We live kind of in the same neighborhood. We live within maybe 10 or 15 miles of one another, but I hadn't seen Gillian in a while. So it was like a reunion. It really was. It was more emotional than I would have thought it was [going to be]. If you spend that much time with people and go through that much, there's a lot of residual feeling."

The X-Files 2 is tentatively set to go before the camera in December, with Carter directing, based on a script he wrote with veteran X-Files writer-producer Frank Spotnitz. Duchovny will reprise his role as FBI Special Agent Fox Mulder, and Anderson will return as Special Agent Dana Scully.

The plot remains a secret, but Duchovny expressed his hope that the second feature will recapture the essence of the series, which ran for nine seasons, from 1993 to 2002. It also spawned a spinoff TV show (The Lone Gunmen) and the first movie, The X-Files, which premiered in 1998.

"I want us to go out and do what the show always did best, which is really smart, scary, ultimately ambiguous stuff," Duchovny said. "I think there's been a lot of shows and movies that kind of tread the same area, or tried to, and I think we always did it best. And I hope we can go out and do it best again."

:rockon: I've been waiting to hear this for quite sometime.

Spoiler??

xf1.jpg

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been an X-Philie since the show premired. I even went to a convention when I was younger. Good to see Mulder and Scully back on the Big Screen!

I have a casting update or the lack of a past character. I saw Vancouver actor William B Davis - aka the "Cigarette Smoking Man" on a local breakie show here and he said that he doesn't think his character will be in the movie(as he was blown to bits in the last one anyway). He said that the producers would probably have called his agent by now.

I just bought the first Mythology boxed set and I'm really enjoying seeing the huge canvas created all over again. It's nice to not have to sit through the monster episodes (some of which are great, I know) to get to the next installment of the real story.

lazarus said:
I just bought the first Mythology boxed set and I'm really enjoying seeing the huge canvas created all over again. It's nice to not have to sit through the monster episodes (some of which are great, I know) to get to the next installment of the real story.

it's funny because when I used to watch the series on TV I always preferred the stand alone monster episodes better but when my wife recently re-watched the whole thing on DVD I found I was more interested in the Mythology episodes...

The monster episodes showed that the writers of the X-Files could put stand alones on TV that rivalled the best of The Outer Limits, Night Gallery, Twilight Zone, etc. But I think the Mythology is what really set the series apart from everything that had come before. And only Lost has equalled it in such an overarching convoluted (in a good way) fashion.

lazarus said:
The monster episodes showed that the writers of the X-Files could put stand alones on TV that rivalled the best of The Outer Limits, Night Gallery, Twilight Zone, etc. But I think the Mythology is what really set the series apart from everything that had come before. And only Lost has equalled it in such an overarching convoluted (in a good way) fashion.

It's a huge bummer that the mythology never really went anywhere satisfying though. I agree, it was amazing up until the end of the '90's pretty much.

I'm excited to hear it's being filmed in Vancouver again. I never really liked the move to California, lost a lot of the atmosphere I felt.

Pretty crazy if it does actually come out in July, that's not much of a wait at all. Hopefully it won't suffer from being rolled out that quickly.

I want to believe ...

Filming in Vancouver starts next month, you all say? I too am glad it's being filmed in Vancouver; the series' atmosphere changed -- for the worse -- when production shifted to LA.

And the movie is to be in theaters in July?

:hmm:

There may just be another XF movie after all! :yippie:

More details of the film.

What's the official status of this project? - Twentieth Century Fox announced on the 31st of October that the 'X-Files 2' has been green-lit and will hit the big screen July 25, 2008.

Production - 10th Dec 2007 - 10th March 2008.

Where filmed - North Shore Studios, Vancouver, British Columbia ---- map - http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl&q=555 Brooksbank Avenue, north vancouver

Running/Production Title of movie - 'Done One'

Name of movie - 'The X-Files 2.' (According to David Duchovny in an interview with Giant Magazine, October 22nd)

When in the X-Files timeline are the events of this movie set to take place? - In the present time, 6 years after the end of the TV series

Will this movie follow the X-Files mytharc/mythology (alien conspiracy) storyline? - Unlike the first X-Files movie, this one will not follow the mythology storyline. The movie is a supernatural thriller in the stand-alone tradition and takes the always-complicated relationship between Fox Mulder and Dana Scully in unexpected directions.

Who else will be in it, besides Duchovny & Anderson? - Unknown but Robert Patrick (Agent John Doggett) and Nicholas Lea (Alex Krychek) said that they will not be participating in the movie. William B Davis(Cigarette Smoking Man) will not be as well.

Ten Thirteen Productions? - Creator, Chris Carter is using the name; 'The Crying Box Productions Inc.' for all related production instead of the name 'Ten Thirteen Productions.'

Last edited:
Thanks for that update :up::up:

I'm kind of glad its a stand alone one, something different. To me that's when the humor and the Mulder/Scully dynamic was at its best, in stand alone episodes.

Because better late than never to acknowledge they fucked it up 7 or 8 years ago and they should just leave it alone before the fans and former fans finally start congregating with pitchforks and torches?

Back
Top Bottom