What's the worst movie you've ever seen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
waterboy

my sister took me to see it on my birthday one year :down::down:

-dan

Dr.T & The Women or something like that (Richard Gere,...)

One of Maddy's fave movies is Zoolander, Sicy. I hope you two can still be friends :wink:

That movie with Angelina Jolie and Clive Owen where they save the world's poor with the UN, whatever it's called. I sat through the whole thing, stupiefied that Clive would be involved with this crap.

And any Lars Von Trier film - last one I sat through was The Idiots. Well named, bleurgh.

Blair Witch Project.

That was pretty bad. Certainly one of the worst movies I've ever seen. But I've seen Battlefield Earth, which was also horrendous and usually gets my vote for the worst movie I've ever seen. Of course Battlefield Earth did have many giggle inducing parts, so maybe Blair Witch Project really is the worst.

No, I don't think I even knew there was an Open Water 2. I can't imagine why that movie would have a sequel.

Batman & Robin - Arguably one of the most important movies of the past 15 years though
The Adventures of Rocky and Bulwinkle
Date Movie
The New Guy
The Island

To name a few. Zoolander is a classic.

Well, for starters, Shallow Hal. I'm sure I can think of more later, but that stood out as being particularly awful. I also watched a few minutes of Norbit once. Also Phone Booth, jesus.

As far as things mentioned in this thread go, I enjoyed Napoleon Dynamite far more than I'd expected, even if I wasn't exactly chuckling heartily the whole way through.

Batman & Robin - Arguably one of the most important movies of the past 15 years though
The Adventures of Rocky and Bulwinkle
Date Movie
The New Guy
The Island

The Island can't even possibly be one of the worst movies I've ever seen, because even though it's pretty awful, it still has the single finest action scene Michael Bay has ever filmed. Which isn't saying much, but it still automatically puts it above most of the other crap he's directed, The Rock aside.

And as much as I hate Batman and Robin, there are still moments so braindead and hilariously mindblowing in their absurdity, it does produce some amusement. But you reminded me what I do actually think the worst film I've ever watched is... and that's Die Another Day.

Also, honorable mentions go to The Hills Have Eyes (the remake, I guess it is) and Shoot Em Up which is a film I despise to very deep down into my core it's hard to put into words. Only thing that keeps that one from taking the top spot for me is Bellucci's unwavering sexiness.

The Island can't even possibly be one of the worst movies I've ever seen, because even though it's pretty awful, it still has the single finest action scene Michael Bay has ever filmed. Which isn't saying much, but it still automatically puts it above most of the other crap he's directed, The Rock aside.

Oh, right, and also, ScarJo.

YouTube - the island car chase (full version)

You mean the chase sequence that was a re-do of the same scene from Bad Boys II? That whole movie is soulless and even worse, boring. Plus, I had a bad experience seeing it that day, which only adds to it.

Schwarzenegger's beyond awesome in B&R, but it's entertaining in the same way that Wild Wild West is entertaining, for about 10 minutes out of 120+. That being said, if it weren't for how mind-numbingly retarded it was, we wouldn't have gotten the more serious treatments of other superhero films, or Clooney taking his film career more seriously, too.

I don't know. For Michael Bay, it's just a surprisingly well-shot, well edited, visually sound action sequence that hits a lot of the right notes. Plus, ScarJo. But yeah, dreadful film. But is it honestly worst than the Transformers movies? Mmmmm, nahh.

Wild Wild West is an amazingly absurd film. So dreadful in so many ways, but the script is just so completely batshit insane I find it endlessly fascinating that it can even maintain existence in this Universe. Plus, Kenneth Branagh's performance is the pinnacle of entertainment.

I don't know. For Michael Bay, it's just a surprisingly well-shot, well edited, visually sound action sequence that hits a lot of the right notes. Plus, ScarJo. But yeah, dreadful film. But is it honestly worst than the Transformers movies? Mmmmm, nahh.

Wild Wild West is an amazingly absurd film. So dreadful in so many ways, but the script is just so completely batshit insane I find it endlessly fascinating that it can even maintain existence in this Universe. Plus, Kenneth Branagh's performance is the pinnacle of entertainment.

I find mediocrity and boredom to be more of a problem than anything else. The Transformers movies are so offensively bad that they drift into B&R/WWW territory for me. Racist robots that make Jar-Jar Binks look like Barack Obama? Holy shit!

You need to listen to Kevin Smith talk about his experience with Superman. It sheds some light on the craziness of Wild Wild West.

I find mediocrity and boredom to be more of a problem than anything else. The Transformers movies are so offensively bad that they drift into B&R/WWW territory for me. Racist robots that make Jar-Jar Binks look like Barack Obama? Holy shit!

You need to listen to Kevin Smith talk about his experience with Superman. It sheds some light on the craziness of Wild Wild West.

I can understand that actually. Though I don't find anything particularly redeemable about Transformers 2, even in that regard. However, as mediocre and boring as it may be, surely you've seen a number of outright worse films... even ones that you simply can't derive any twisted enjoyment from? I don't know, The Island just strikes me as a somewhat strange target for this. :shrug:

Link plz?

I can understand that actually. Though I don't find anything particularly redeemable about Transformers 2, even in that regard. However, as mediocre and boring as it may be, surely you've seen a number of outright worse films... even ones that you simply can't derive any twisted enjoyment from? I don't know, The Island just strikes me as a somewhat strange target for this. :shrug:

Link plz?

I definitely have, I was just listing 5 that came to mind immediately. Should've clarified that earlier.

Smith's a better orator than writer/director, that's for sure:

Back
Top Bottom