Watchmen Trailer online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wacthobamacolor.jpg

I'll be seeing it in IMAX no matter what, it's just a matter of seeing it in regular theaters first or not.

Please see it with Lady Friend first so I can make a bunch of jokes utilizing all the book's chapter titles, U23D style.

I probably won't, because she's 16, but you can still go for it if you'd like. Those were some of your finest non-Shuttlecock/Lance's Mom-related moments.

Thanks for ignoring my Watchmen condoms thing. You could have easily parlayed that into a YLB's Lady Friend joke.

My anticipation has remained understandably high, though my expectations have done nothing but drop for a while now.

There are clips from the movie up on Yahoo!, with the Philip Glass score intact for the Dr. Manhattan scenes. Fucking awesome.

I kind of don't want to see any more scenes. Because what I've seen so far...doesn't feel right. And it's probably not ideal to watch this stuff on a tiny little screen.

Went to my favorite independent theatre to buy Thursday midnight show tickets, but the girl at the window said it wasn't in the computer "yet", though her manager did say they were planning on having one. Uhh, how long you gonna wait to put them on sale, it's 5 days away? I've seen midnight openings of all three LOTR films there, as well as both Batman films, and Revenge of the Sith. Such a great crowd, it's gonna be awesome. Nothing will ever top that ROTS night, though. The vibe was ELECTRIC.

I kind of don't want to see any more scenes. Because what I've seen so far...doesn't feel right. And it's probably not ideal to watch this stuff on a tiny little screen.

Went to my favorite independent theatre to buy Thursday midnight show tickets, but the girl at the window said it wasn't in the computer "yet", though her manager did say they were planning on having one. Uhh, how long you gonna wait to put them on sale, it's 5 days away? I've seen midnight openings of all three LOTR films there, as well as both Batman films, and Revenge of the Sith. Such a great crowd, it's gonna be awesome. Nothing will ever top that ROTS night, though. The vibe was ELECTRIC.

The midnight opening crowds are the best :up: ^ I saw all those same films that way too. And yes, ROTS was great. I remember all 4 theatres were filling up within minutes. People were scrambling to get seats as soon as they opened the doors. Once we were inside a guy in front of us left to go get popcorn and asked someone to watch his seats. The next guy replied: No problem, I'll just wave my hand and tell people these are not the seats you're looking for. :D The midnight audience is the best. :applaud:

http://chud.com/articles/articles/18250/1/REVIEW-WATCHMEN/Page1.html

If anyone's interested in reading Devin Faraci's complete and total wankfest he calls a review. It's sort of hilarious, sort of awful, and sort of encouraging all at the same time. It's awful, because he's a terrible film "critic"/reviewer. It's encouraging because it makes me more excited for this movie than I've been of late. It might just actually be pretty good after all. And it's hilarious because this is exactly the sort of writing Devin himself feverishly lashed out against in the weeks leading up to the Dark Knight release. The irony is pretty obvious when you read this review.

One of my friends picked up midnight release tickets for us next week. It's going to be a long 8 days.

Re: my post above about the midnight show--I'm an idiot. For some reason I thought that was this weekend, even though I knew it opened on the 6th.

:doh:

Re: my post above about the midnight show--I'm an idiot. For some reason I thought that was this weekend, even though I knew it opened on the 6th.

:doh:

Thought so.

One of my friends snagged some free pre-screening tix and if she or any of the people she's going with bails... then it's all mine.

Oh, and bits of the score for each character on the official site remind me of Vangelis' score for Blade Runner. Very good thing.

Also, I re-read the comic again this week and fucking loved it even more. Paying more attention to the Black Freighter comic helped, but I still don't understand the purpose of Dan's Owl essay other than to enforce how pathetic he is without the suit. Feel free to help me on that.

And on the second reading, it only makes Ozy's character all the more powerful.

REVIEW: WATCHMEN

If anyone's interested in reading Devin Faraci's complete and total wankfest he calls a review. It's sort of hilarious, sort of awful, and sort of encouraging all at the same time. It's awful, because he's a terrible film "critic"/reviewer. It's encouraging because it makes me more excited for this movie than I've been of late. It might just actually be pretty good after all. And it's hilarious because this is exactly the sort of writing Devin himself feverishly lashed out against in the weeks leading up to the Dark Knight release. The irony is pretty obvious when you read this review.

Quint's review on Ain't It Cool was more stream-lined, but shared a lot of the same points... same with Moriarty's on his new site.

Laz, your boy Wells is doing a good job of piling up a list of negative reviews, too. It's getting kind of tiresome.

Back
Top Bottom