Upcoming Films of Disinterest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As long as you liked GI Joe, He-Man, or GoBots, we're ok.

I was just about to say, I wish they would make a good He-man movie. He-man and Star Wars were my two favourites as a kid. I had a ton of the toys. I think a serious He-Man movie, set in the He-man universe and not on earth would be awesome.

Have you guys seen the new He-Man toys? I was checking out a comic book store around the corner from me the other week and they had a bunch of them. they're pretty cool looking. All the old characters redesigned

I was just about to say, I wish they would make a good He-man movie. He-man and Star Wars were my two favourites as a kid. I had a ton of the toys. I think a serious He-Man movie, set in the He-man universe and not on earth would be awesome.

I'm sure you did.

heman.jpg

As long as you liked GI Joe, He-Man, or GoBots, we're ok.

:sad: Hate to disappoint, but I'm basically a 90's child (born in 87), so for the most part my only big 80's loves as a child were the Trilogy of Trilogies (Back to the Future, Indiana Jones, Star Wars).

Have you seen the cartoon lately? When I was a kid, Skeletor didn't seem like the bumbling idiot that he is

hahaha He-larious

Ironically, that picture reminds me that I briefly had the nickname here of "Skele-Whore" when I first started using the Misfits avatar.

I feel like I'm doing nothing but posting pictures tonight, but....

skeletor-big.jpg

:sad: Hate to disappoint, but I'm basically a 90's child (born in 87), so for the most part my only big 80's loves as a child were the Trilogy of Trilogies (Back to the Future, Indiana Jones, Star Wars).

I was born in the same year, and I'm pretty damn familiar with most of those shows (most).

Gives me a lot of appreciation for Robot Chicken. They should just give Skeletor his own spin-off.

I was born in the same year, and I'm pretty damn familiar with most of those shows (most).

Gives me a lot of appreciation for Robot Chicken. They should just give Skeletor his own spin-off.

:shrug: I'm familiar with Transformers and GI Joe, but I don't ever remember seeing He-Man on TV, I only know if from other things lampooning it.

I admit I know most of what I know about He-Man thanks to Boomerang. Did I ever love that channel when it first came out.

Little Basterd will kill me dead, but, I'm just not a fan of the Back to the Future films. Everyone likes them. I should like them. But I just don't.

I'm not as feverish about them now as I was before. I've always loved time travel and its complications, latched onto the characters, found the films to be breezy and pretty fun. So yeah, I can see where you're coming from.

I've never been a Transformers fan, grew up watching the Power Rangers. Growing up in the '90s... pop, POP!

And I couldn't watch Sweeney Todd. I actually watched it on fast forward 1x, so that the closed captioning would still pop up on the DVD. I just wanted to see how it ended, but I despised every musical aspect of the film, and Depp's performance almost equally.

I unfortunately watched it at normal speed.
Absolutely abhorred it. (And frankly couldn't stand Alice in Wonderland either, I suppose it would have been worth seeing in the theater just for the visual aspect, but at home on DVD complete shit)
Burton and Depp need to work separately for a while. (And HBC needs to get a divorce :wink:)

Let me clarify, nicknames are usually always thrown on a person whether they like it or not, and I have no problem with that. It's part of the fun in the first place. I don't love it by any means, but other than the douchebags who create nicknames for themselves, who does usually like their nickname? I don't mind if people I'm friends with call me that, and I feel like most everyone who posts regularly here or in Bang and Clatter can feel free to call me any damn thing they please, as I like them and have no problem with it. That said, I also appreciate not being called that from time to time. I realize my screen name is a mess, so people probably don't know what to call me regardless. If you've even made it this far into what I've written, you can feel free to call me what ever the hell you want to.

Yes, even I find it quite ironic that for some reason I'm happier with being called "Mofo" than "Scumbo". :wink:

Back to video game movies, I still can't believe anyone could have screwed up Max Payne. Seems like ANY fan of those games would have immediately told you what was awesome about the games and story, yet only about 4 minutes of any of that showed up in the movie. I'm happy to see that DOOM is being rumored as possibly being relaunched. Maybe video game movies, like comic book movies, need one great film to come out and kick the rest in the pants to show what can work.

Shit, does this mean I should change the VG thread title?

Irrelevant to the discussion at hand, but I'm playing the first Max Payne for the first time in preparation for 3. Enjoying it a fair bit, but it's surprising how quickly they seem to have aged in pretty much every regard.

Uncharted movie doesn't seem terribly promising. I've got no problem with Marky Mark cast as Nate, it's the De Niro father figure and dysfunctional treasure-hunting family thing that seems more suspicious. The only other confirmed upcoming game flick I can think of is the Heavy Rain movie, which is probably the least necessary thing possible.

Turning this into Unpopular Opinions About Movies You're Not Interested In, but I couldn't care less about The Hobbit, though I'm sure I'll be dragged along to it. Just as I will be to the new Pirates this weekend. Pray for me.

Uncharted movie doesn't seem terribly promising. I've got no problem with Marky Mark cast as Nate, it's the De Niro father figure and dysfunctional treasure-hunting family thing that seems more suspicious. The only other confirmed upcoming game flick I can think of is the Heavy Rain movie, which is probably the least necessary thing possible.

Turning this into Unpopular Opinions About Movies You're Not Interested In, but I couldn't care less about The Hobbit, though I'm sure I'll be dragged along to it. Just as I will be to the new Pirates this weekend. Pray for me.

I haven't played either of the Uncharted games yet, but the whole dysfunctional treasure-hunting family angle fits exactly into David O. Russell's wheelhouse. Although DeNiro's been slumming it for close to 10 years now, I'd love to see the two work together.

Holy shit, yes. Thank you, another person who couldn't give a shit about whatever Peter Jackson puts out. Speaking of Pirates, I unknowingly offended a film school kid who loves the Pirates films/Johnny Depp at a party the other night by saying that this film looks like a cash-grab. It's been popping up in various conversations this week; I can't believe someone could be that much of a fanboy to be actually offended by that. AND HE'S IN THE FUCKING FILM SCHOOL. I love it.

Yeah LMP it's a little sad for that kid to get his panties in a twist over it, sure I defended my interest in the films, but I'm not gonna pretend it wasn't a cash grab, but as I said the entire franchise and in fact the entire Walt Disney Company is.

I've been thinking we could actually use something like this here to mirror the Unpopular Opinions thread in B&C.

Back
Top Bottom