Twin Peaks - It Is Happening Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Such a great episode with emotions peaking on both sides of the spectrum.

The room above the convenience store was cool.

Makes me wonder if the electrical socket killed Dougie sending Coop back to the lodge or if this is what finally woke him up.

Jesus Christ, I hope Coop "wakes up" and ends this Dougie bullshit.

And who were these druggy kids in the woods? Are they some of the randos we've seen at the bar?

And seriously, WTF is this shit with Audrey and her husband? How many times are we going to have to watch them having the same argument and NEVER FUCKING LEAVING THE HOUSE?

I'm amazed I'm still watching it.

Jesus Christ, I hope Coop "wakes up" and ends this Dougie bullshit.

And who were these druggy kids in the woods? Are they some of the randos we've seen at the bar?

And seriously, WTF is this shit with Audrey and her husband? How many times are we going to have to watch them having the same argument and NEVER FUCKING LEAVING THE HOUSE?

I'm amazed I'm still watching it.

I actually love the Dougie storyline. Bringing Coop back right away just isn't Lynch's style.

Yeah the druggies have been in a couple episodes. The guy is married to Becky Briggs.

The Audrey thing is interesting. It might be that she's in a coma. I don't know if those scenes are real Audrey or not.

I think I went in thinking it would be even more far out than it has been so I couldn't be any more pleased with The Return than I am. Things won't make sense in the end but that's David Lynch. Part of the fun is trying to figure it all out.

Makes me wonder if the electrical socket killed Dougie sending Coop back to the lodge or if this is what finally woke him up.

My first thought was that the jolt "woke him up." But upon second viewing, I did notice he was laid out (possibly dead), but also that his face looked menacing as he approached the socket. Not unlike the Doppelganger's face as he broke the 4th wall in the last episode of the original series before beating Cooper out of the Black Lodge.

I can't quite bring myself to conclude he was sent back to the Lodge though. Well see, but if he were sent back then Mr C's plan worked and Cooper will be stuck there another 25 years and that would be that.

My first thought was that the jolt "woke him up." But upon second viewing, I did notice he was laid out (possibly dead), but also that his face looked menacing as he approached the socket. Not unlike the Doppelganger's face as he broke the 4th wall in the last episode of the original series before beating Cooper out of the Black Lodge.

I can't quite bring myself to conclude he was sent back to the Lodge though. Well see, but if he were sent back then Mr C's plan worked and Cooper will be stuck there another 25 years and that would be that.

Yeah I'd be surprised if he died there, especially because there's something that still needs to happen based on a spoiler photo from the filming.

I think the electrical shock woke him up, the character in the film mentioned "find Gordon Cole" and that's what made him go to the socket. Let's hope!

We've seen Stephen (Becky's husband) a few times already. The girl is Gersten Hayward, Donna's sister. They were last seen cowering down under while Becky went on a rampage with a gun.

As for Audrey, some have suggested she is still in a coma, I think that is a strong possibility.

Like I'm supposed to keep all these doped-up yahoo kids straight. There's Amanda Seyfried, the real violent asshole, and all the other randos, now including rando girl crawling around on the floor at the bar.

Yeah I'd be surprised if he died there, especially because there's something that still needs to happen based on a spoiler photo from the filming.

I do wonder how "back' he will be when he is finally "back" . . . .

In addition to the photo you reference, there is also a clip of Cooper with his trench coat on, so we have that to look forward to soon.

I do wonder how "back' he will be when he is finally "back" . . . .

In addition to the photo you reference, there is also a clip of Cooper with his trench coat on, so we have that to look forward to soon.

Yeah. You have to imagine it's very similar to waking up from a 25 year coma. You can't just go back to normal. No matter what, we know that he has to find Laura. And I'd imagine we'll find out what she whispered to him in the Black Lodge waiting room.

Yeah. You have to imagine it's very similar to waking up from a 25 year coma. You can't just go back to normal. No matter what, we know that he has to find Laura. And I'd imagine we'll find out what she whispered to him in the Black Lodge waiting room.

I started compiling a list of "dream" references from the early series. I've re-watched the original series recently and found another couple, but haven't included them here.

Whatever happened to Coop will undoubtedly tie into the question of "Who's the dreamer?"

Jane-E did call Doogie "Dreamweaver" after all . . .

Is it all a dream?

Let me know if I missed any references (Cooper large tasteless gumdrops notwithstanding):

Twin Peaks FWWM: Cooper to Gordon Cole I was worried about today from the dream I told you about”

Twim Peaks FWWM: Jefferies “It was a dream. We live inside a dream”

Twin Peaks FWWM: Carl to Cooper "It's ok, I was having a bad dream anyway"

Pilot: Bobby to Norma: I'll see you in my dreams

Episode 1: Donna "It's like I'm having the most beautiful dream and the most terrible nightmare all at once."

Episode 2: Truman "The idea for this really came from a dream?"

Episode 3: Cooper "Let me tell you about a dream I had last night" and
“do you know where dreams come from?"

Epidode 4: Cooper: "I suspected my dream was connected to . . . . "

Episode 4: Cooper: "In my dream Mike said that he and BOB lived just above a convenient store"

Episode 4: Donna: “ . . her mother was kind of spooky, she had these dreams . . “

Episode 5: Cooper: “Red drapes Harry . . from my dream . . .”

Episode 6 :Laura on tape: “ . . . I feel like I’m in a dream tonight . . . “

Episode 6:Maddy imitating Laura: “ . . I feel like I’m in dream tonight . . “

Episode 7: Maddy speaking to Sarah: “I had the strangest dream last night”

Episode 7: Jacoby speaking to Cooper/Truman: “I can remember hearing the fire alarm go off . . that’s all, I . . . it’s all like a dream . . . . “

Episode 8: Major Briggs to Bobby: A vision I had in my sleep last night. As distinguished from a dream, which is a mere sorting and cataloguing of the day's events by the subconscious . . . "

Episode 9: Cooper speaking to Albert: “And BOB, the man Sarah Palmer saw in her visions. The man who came to me in my dream.”

Episode 9: Jerry speaking to Ben: “Is this real Ben? Or some strange and twisted dream?”

Episode 10: Cooper speaking to Truman: “Harry remember in my dream the one armed man knew BOB”

Episode 10: Maddy speaking to Leland: “It’s like all I did was come to a funeral . . . and I fell into a dream”

Epidsode 12: Harold speaking to Donna: “There are things you can’t find anywhere, but we dream they can be found in others. Please continue.
Donna: Maybe our dreams are real."

Episode 12: Renault to Nancy "Is the girl asleep?
Nancy: "Dreamland."

Renault: Does she dream of fishes? Of dark lake beds and tangled weeds?

Episode 13: Cole to Cooper “Restless nights and uneasy dreams go with the territory”

Episode 15: CATHERINE (TAPE – speaking to Ben Horne) How often I've thought of you. You and that night we spent together lost in love ... when was that? Yes,I remember, it was the night Laura Palmer died. It seems so long ago, almost like a dream. Memory's so unreliable finally, maybe it was a dream, maybe it never happened. To tell you the truth, I can't be sure anymore.

Episode 16: DONNA (reading Laura’s words in her diary) February 21st. Last night I had the strangest dream. . . . Even if it was only a dream, I hope he heard me. No one in the real world would believe me.

Cooper: Laura and I had the same dream.

[An aside: in a variant script Cooper also says : "But in her dream I was Mike." Which is very curious.]

Cooper to Gerard (Mike) Bob was in my dream. So was Laura Palmer. So were you. And Laura dreamt about me the night before she died. The same dream. I need to go back there and unlock my dream.

COOPER to Truman Laura told me. In my dream.

Episode 20: RENAULT to Cooper Their simple dreams have become a nightmare.What's one more death, after all? Maybe yours will be the last. Maybe you brought the nightmare with you.

Episode 26: Major Briggs "I have dreamed it. Or seen it. Somewhere. Somehow."

Episode 27: Major Briggs (answering Earle's question "Now, when did you first see the hieroglyph in Owl Cave?": "In . . . in dreams"

As much crap as the Dougie story got, the buildup to that moment was so great. And talk about the emotional part with Dougie's family!

As much crap as the Dougie story got, the buildup to that moment was so great. And talk about the emotional part with Dougie's family!

Yes and with Cooper true-to-form. The Dale Cooper we all know and love.

I can only hope, for the final, two things:

A conversation between Candie and Lucy.

The final shot: Jerry running amok across a field.

Coop's comeback was super satisfying. "I am the FBI."

Also...Eddie Vedder singing what sounded like a decent new tune. Hellllllllooooooooooo.

Last edited:
Coop's comeback was super satisfying. "I am the FBI."

Also...Eddie Vedder singing what sounded like a decent new tune. Hellllllllooooooooooo.

I understand that Vedder wrote that song specifically for Twin Peaks.

If true, very cool.

I've loved the whole season and the Dougie stuff was great.

I think people are catching on that "The Return" isn't about our return to Twin Peaks as viewers only, it's about Cooper's journey of return.

"Finally"

I was a few episodes behind for a while, but I'm caught all the way up now.

The show was on a fantastic 3-4 episode run but the last two episodes and especially Part 16 made me feel like a kid at Christmas. Delicious fan service mixed with legitimate storytelling ingenuity and innovation. Obviously Coop's return was triumphant and worth the wait, but Laura Dern's wonderful performance and Audrey's Dance at the roadhouse shone just as brightly.

I love this show so much and I will miss it terribly if we never receive another installment, but I'm satisfied with what we've been given so far, in the face of astronomical expectations. All of the pieces are in place for a masterful finale, they just have to execute.

Last edited:
I was a few episodes behind for a while, but I'm caught all the way up now.

The show was on a fantastic 3-4 episode run but the last two episodes and especially Part 16 made me feel like a kid at Christmas. Delicious fan service mixed with legitimate storytelling ingenuity and innovation. Obviously Coop's return was triumphant and worth the wait, but Laura Dern's wonderful performance and Audrey's Dance at the roadhouse shone just as brightly.

I love this show so much and I will miss it terribly if we never receive another installment, but I'm satisfied with what we've been given so far, in the face of astronomical expectations. All of the pieces are in place for a masterful finale, they just have to execute.

I'm hoping for a Season 4, but in doing so feel a bit greedy in the process.

Like you, just thankful for what we've been given and I'll watch it over and over again for the next 25 years as I did the original series and enjoy it endlessly.

Btw, Showtime is having a marathon of all the Season 3 episodes starting at 5 AM (EST) and running right up to the final two episodes.

Going to need a lot of damn fine coffee and cherry pie.

I reminded myself the other day of my agony after I first watched the Season 2 finale 15 years ago, assuming that we'll never know what happens with Cooper and his Doppelgänger. Still hard to believe we'll get a true showdown between them tomorrow night. I know it took some detours to get to this point, but I absolutely loved the story, new characters, and mysteries that led us here.

A couple other thoughts:

- How will Laura Palmer fit in? Coop was told by Leland to find her, and Log Lady said Laura is the one. Not to mention, the Giant created her. I'll be shocked if she doesn't appear tomorrow night.

- Was Audrey in a coma from the band explosion 25 years ago? Very cool how what was the most annoying storyline from this season just became very compelling.

- How's Annie?

- Who is the dreamer and what does this mean?

Anyone who couldn't wait to pass judgment on the plots of this season until the season is over are missing the experience of what it is to achieve Twin Peaks, imo.

After this is over, I'm going to do a hardcore rewatch of the entire series, no phones no distractions. Going season 1, 2, FWWM, 3.

I suspect I'm suddenly going to be a MUCH bigger fan of FWWM after this is done.

Also, David Lynch is my favorite. That is all.

I had very fond memories of watching the original run but remember hating FWWM.

I'm not sorry I watched this or anything, it's cool it all happened, but I have no to trouble declaring that I missed "the experience of what it is to achieve Twin Peaks."

Even when The Return faltered (the couple episodes post-Part 8 were disappointing after such a badass hour of television), I still enjoyed the fuck out of it because it was too strange, hilarious and aesthetically pleasing not to get something from.

On that note, as long as the finale isn't a total disaster, I have no problem saying The Return holds up well against the previous seasons. In fact, I would say it tops season 2.

- How will Laura Palmer fit in? Coop was told by Leland to find her, and Log Lady said Laura is the one. Not to mention, the Giant created her. I'll be shocked if she doesn't appear tomorrow night.

- Was Audrey in a coma from the band explosion 25 years ago? Very cool how what was the most annoying storyline from this season just became very compelling.

- How's Annie?

- Who is the dreamer and what does this mean?

Laura will make an appearance -- in one form or the other (I wonder if the Sarah we've been show this season is a tulpa?)

I believe Audrey was in a coma, something, and now awake, like Cooper.

Annie recovered in the hospital and got out of Twin Peaks for good.

Janey-E already told us: Many episodes ago she called Cooper the Dreamweaver.

An aside from my previous post for the day: The Twin Peaks marathon begins at 4 AM EST not 5 AM.

Even less sleep for me tonight, oh well . . . . .

Back
Top Bottom