Twin Peaks - It Is Happening Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This distinction doesn't really mean as much when we're not talking about major network TV.

Showtime is something you pay to have, you select the show to watch specifically from a guide, etc. It's not like this was unleashed on an unsuspecting public or casual viewer.
I've watched my share of premium cable content and I've never seen the gap between television and the big screen disappear completely, not like that. Even setting aside the necessity of following television conventions because of audience (you argue ceases to matter in a premium cable context), the method of distribution itself usually dissuades a director from putting their most visually ambitious work on television. Hardly anyone (maybe NSW) has the quality of home theater system to justify that kind of budget and attention to detail on the part of the director. So yeah, it does make a difference and it is interesting to me.

Part 8 never, ever would have seen the light of day on network television, but even Showtime taking a chance on it is nice to see. With Internet streaming making everything broadly available, it's not like premium cable is a special club anymore. A hell of a lot of people saw it that had no idea what they were seeing because, Lynch or not, this was still a network television show at one point and a good chunk of that audience is still around.

Last edited:
I rolled my eyes and hit fast-forward a lot after about 25 minutes. That's nice you got to do your thing, David. Can we go back to story now?

On the plus side, no Dougie.

I'm mostly kidding. I'm not annoyed or upset, I appreciate what he does when he goes Full Lynch, but I don't have a ton of patience for it.

I went and read a recap and of course there was some actual stuff I missed in my annoyed fast-forwarding, but I can live with that. I'm not watching that again.

I went and read a recap and of course there was some actual stuff I missed in my annoyed fast-forwarding, but I can live with that. I'm not watching that again.

I had a feeling you might not like this one for some reason. LOL! It definitely doesn't sit well with everyone, but my hunch is that it's going to end up meaning a lot in the end.

It says a lot that the Lynch film I've seen that I liked the most was his most un-Lynchian, the one about the old dude driving a tractor to see his brother or whatever - The Straight Story, I think?

So yeah, I'm not usually into his "weird" stuff. (I did like Mulholland Drive.)

It says a lot that the Lynch film I've seen that I liked the most was his most un-Lynchian, the one about the old dude driving a tractor to see his brother or whatever - The Straight Story, I think?

So yeah, I'm not usually into his "weird" stuff. (I did like Mulholland Drive.)

I wouldn't be surprised if episode 9 is much lighter.

Speaking of lighter, that's all the demonic killer guy wanted last episode and nobody could give him one :(

Would this episode have ended 20 minutes sooner if someone had a lighter/match/one of those old gas stove tops?

Question - Do I need to watch the original episodes before watching the new series?

Question - Do I need to watch the original episodes before watching the new series?

Yes. Its definitely a must. And I would watch the movie Fire Walk With Me as well.

There are probably parts of Season 2 that you could skip towards the end of the season though as long as you still watch anything regarding Agent Cooper.

Seriously, I love it when people watch it for the first time. I encourage you to share your thoughts!

One thing to keep in mind is that the original run and the new run are very different.

I'm already LOL'ing at the whole 90s vibe. The dramatic music, the poor acting... :lol: It's great.

Everyone says you can skip bits of season 2, but I wouldn't the first time through. Almost every episode has something important. If someone could just edit out James and Donna...

Everyone says you can skip bits of season 2, but I wouldn't the first time through. Almost every episode has something important. If someone could just edit out James and Donna...

Yeah, I should clarify. If you really want to speed through season two, I recommend still watching everything regarding Agent Cooper and Wyndham Earle.

I was *just* wondering a few days ago "... was this the show where Matthew Lillard showed up randomly, and it feels like years ago, or am i thinking of a totally different show???"

Ha.

Looks like things are finally moving.

Yeah, we're exactly halfway through, so I expected that things would really develop last night, which they did. So many cool moments especially when Matthew Lillard's character pointed out the photo of Briggs.

Back
Top Bottom