True Blood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was one kick ass season opener. I freaking loved every minute of it. :happydance:

This. I really enjoyed it, as well.

They're definitely good at giving their fans what they want. The show's most popular male character? Let's get him naked within the first 5 minutes of the season premiere! Awesome. Pull no punches.

I also lol'd at the dream sequence between Bill and Sam. I love it when this show does little things that remind me of Six Feet Under, and that scene definitely did. Alan Ball likes to use those fantasy/dream sequences, and they're always pretty damn entertaining.

So glad it's back. This season looks like it'll be a lot fun. I find myself not really caring much about Tara and her mom, but that's ok. I dig all the other plot lines.

I think the story line is following some novellas. *

So this should not jump the track and turn to crap.

* The Southern Vampire Mysteries (informally known as The Sookie Stackhouse Novels / Chronicles)

I find myself not really caring much about Tara and her mom, but that's ok. I dig all the other plot lines.

Same here. Tara overacts and bugs me. The only thing about that storyline that is even remotely interesting is when it involves Lafayette.

I think the story line is following some novellas. *

So this should not jump the track and turn to crap.

* The Southern Vampire Mysteries (informally known as The Sookie Stackhouse Novels / Chronicles)

If the show were following the books, Lafayette apparently would have died at the end of the first season. The track has already been jumped but fortunately not turned to crap.

Plus, the whole point is that she and Sookie are best friends, now they are barely ever in the same place.

Same here. Tara overacts and bugs me. The only thing about that storyline that is even remotely interesting is when it involves Lafayette.

Yes, this. Ugh.

I found myself slightly lost sometimes, watching it. It's amazing how much I forget between seasons. :reject:

It's amazing how much they fit into one hour. So we have Nazi!Werewolves working with the very awesome King of Mississippi. Carbonated Blood, Blood bisque with rose petals and gelato! We get a flashback of Eric looking hot in an SS uniform and speaking German. I absolutely love the vampire hierarchy power struggle. It's fascinating. Again Jason and Andy bring the funny. I also absolutely love Terry. His story about the aardvark? :hugs:

Oh and someone actually dies in a fire.

It's amazing how much they fit into one hour. So we have Nazi!Werewolves working with the very awesome King of Mississippi. Carbonated Blood, Blood bisque with rose petals and gelato! We get a flashback of Eric looking hot in an SS uniform and speaking German. I absolutely love the vampire hierarchy power struggle. It's fascinating. Again Jason and Andy bring the funny. I also absolutely love Terry. His story about the aardvark? :hugs:

Oh and someone actually dies in a fire.

Summed it all up perfectly :up: Looks like Tara has herself a vampire lover now.

As much as I can't stand Bill's maker I will kind of miss her if she actually dies. It's nice to see her bring out a whole other side to Bill.

This is already a million times better than last season. But they just really, really need to give Lafayette something more to do than look after Tara. He needs to be more involved in the vampire side of the story.

And I love that actor James Frain who plays the werewolf who's hot for Tara. Loved him as Cromwell in The Tudors, love him every time he shows up in something.

Also completely loving Eric this season.

When you came in the air went out! I get that song stuck in my head every time I watch this fucking awesome show.

Yeah, I think I already like the new Vampire guy that showed up at Merlotte's, even though he was on screen for literally like 40 seconds.

Lots of really good little moments in this one. Sookie doing her impression of Bill: "SOOKEH!"

Lafayette's speech to Tara. (Is you feelin' me? Is we clear? We got it? Alright, now.) Terry's list, and the scene between him and Sookie:

"You know how to use one of these?"
"I ain't that blonde."
"Well, I've always liked you and I'd miss you if you got killed."

:heart:

I just started watching this show because the first and second season were on my On Demand. The first season was supposed to be taken off June 14th, but they removed it a day early, so I missed the first season finale. I was so furious. One of my friends who's still up at school for summer classes is bringing me the DVD in a couple weeks when she comes home, and then I'll be able to watch Season 2 which is still on my On Demand til October. I thought I'd hate the show, and I was unsure after the pilot, but I stuck with it. I'm addicted I love it. Good storylines, great satire, and lots and lots of hot men, (Ryan Kwanten :combust:, Stephen Moyer :drool:, Alexander Skarsgaard :drool:, Sam Trammell :drool: ...) I can't wait to catch up with everything I've missed.

Oh, and it might have my favorite theme song ever. Good lord it's sexy, and I love the imagery in the opening credits too.

When you came in the air went out! I get that song stuck in my head every time I watch this fucking awesome show.

Yeah, I think I already like the new Vampire guy that showed up at Merlotte's, even though he was on screen for literally like 40 seconds.

Lots of really good little moments in this one. Sookie doing her impression of Bill: "SOOKEH!"

Lafayette's speech to Tara. (Is you feelin' me? Is we clear? We got it? Alright, now.) Terry's list, and the scene between him and Sookie:

"You know how to use one of these?"
"I ain't that blonde."
"Well, I've always liked you and I'd miss you if you got killed."

:heart:

Agreed, I definitely had to play back Sookie's Bill impersonation a couple times. :lol:

Good storylines, great satire, and lots and lots of hot men, (Ryan Kwanten :combust:, Stephen Moyer :drool:, Alexander Skarsgaard :drool:, Sam Trammell :drool: ...)

I certainly see the appeal of all the male leads on the show, they're all good looking. Skarsgard, of course. But Ryan Kwanten is the hottest dude on the show, for sure. He's adorable. A lot of it probably has to do with the fact that his character's so damn lovable.

I certainly see the appeal of all the male leads on the show, they're all good looking. Skarsgard, of course. But Ryan Kwanten is the hottest dude on the show, for sure. He's adorable. A lot of it probably has to do with the fact that his character's so damn lovable.

Ryan Kwanten's body should be a world wonder. I want to do bad things with him.:shifty:

there are 10 books

the first season stayed true to book one

except they changed the dead person in the back of the car at Merlotts

It was supposed to be Lafayette, as we were led to believe
but because of fan pressure, they change course
and had the body be that fake spell breaker woman
now they are kind of floundering with this bullshit Tara / Lafayette subplot

I wish they would just kill Lafayette and get back to the plots in the books.

I wish they would just kill Lafayette

Stop that. Unless they make him a vampire, that would just be wrong. They'll hopefully expand his V-selling role. I'm not too interested in the new crazy mother line but the V aspect has potential. He's good enough to be a major player, they just need to get on with it.

yeah, I hear you

but the series is so strong, it would succeed without him, there may be new characters we will come to like even more

killing Lafayette would just make his legend even bigger,
and regular viewers would always be afraid any of their characters could go

instead we have a 'tail wagging the dog' situation, where the fans input is taken into consideration,
we know where this can lead, look what Lost turned in to.

Well, apparently the series actually deviates from the books in a lot of ways, not just Lafayette. There's no Jessica in the books, Maryann's a very minor character without even a name, Tara is white, Lafayette not only died in the 1st book but he was a very minor character to begin with. Ball says the books are a "starting point" and season 3 deviates considerably.

There are two kinds of people in this world: people who got no dreams, people who got dreams and don't do nothin about it, and people who go out and fulfill their dreams. I don't know about you, but I'm the third kind.

i missed last night
can't believe it is not included on my HBO onDemand

Hmmm. The next new episode isn't until July 11th, so I'm sure they will rerun this most recent episode before then?

Too bad you missed it. Good episode. It was a real head turner.

Back
Top Bottom