The Walking Dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lucille?

Lucille-Bluth-400x300.jpg

Well that dumb ass kid is going to get everyone killed.

Daryl should have just ran over the saviors or whatever with that big ass truck.

Well that dumb ass kid is going to get everyone killed.

I hope Rick just fucking punts that kid into the herd, that would buy them some time

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

So I'm confused. This is now like a day after they released the herd right? Why the hell is that kid behaving and looking like he holed up in his bedroom for months? Like what's with the rings around the eyes? It's been one day or am I missing something?

So I'm confused. This is now like a day after they released the herd right? Why the hell is that kid behaving and looking like he holed up in his bedroom for months? Like what's with the rings around the eyes? It's been one day or am I missing something?

I feel like it has to be longer than that.

I feel like it has to be longer than that.

They make it seem like it was, but Glenn was under the dumpster the same day. I would assume he headed straight back after for whatever weird reason the zombies moved on (speaking of didn't we establish that zombies don't move on as long as they can smell fresh meat, but I digress). He wasn't that far but let's be generous and say he spent a day under the dumpster and a day to treck back so it's still only a couple of days after they released the herd. Unless I'm missing something the show seems confused about the time line because they sure made that kid look like he spent months upstairs on his own.

They make it seem like it was, but Glenn was under the dumpster the same day. I would assume he headed straight back after for whatever weird reason the zombies moved on (speaking of didn't we establish that zombies don't move on as long as they can smell fresh meat, but I digress). He wasn't that far but let's be generous and say he spent a day under the dumpster and a day to treck back so it's still only a couple of days after they released the herd. Unless I'm missing something the show seems confused about the time line because they sure made that kid look like he spent months upstairs on his own.

I thought the kid has basically been in his room/refusing to come downstairs since Rick killed his dad, which has been a while, I think...

Overall it was an Ok episode. Seriously though, first rule of the zombie apocalypse: get rid of all the fucking kids, anyone under 20 should be given a stick with a pointy end and kicked outside the walls.

Trying to google the timelines but not coming up with anything solid.

I hope the next episode stays true to the comic as it gets very intense.

And yeah, Sam (the kid) is just insufferable. I think we all know he fucks everything up.

Trying to google the timelines but not coming up with anything solid.

http://youtu.be/G_9bJgFq4Mw

I found this. But that's why I'm so confused. They all behave like it's been much longer. The kid especially looks like he's been holed up forever but he's likely had 2 or 3 meals in his bedroom. I think he's only stayed upstairs after the wolves attack and mom killed one in the kitchen, not since his dad was killed. It's like the show is confused about its own time line.

They put Glenn's name on the wall even though at that point he was only gone for a few hours (and so was Daryl, Abraham, etc. btw), the Alexandrian committed suicide, it's just weird. Like it's been a day, surely you can hold out a bit longer? Even Maggie staging the daring rescue. I'm sure she'd be worried but I'm inclined to think she'd give Glenn a day to get home before putting herself and the baby at risk.

I don't understand how it can just be one or two days. Agree with you completely.
Glenn's gone for half a day and they assume he's dead? Those who have little faith lol.

Having read about Negan, I'm really curious as to how faithful the show will be to his storyline/character from the graphic novels.

I'm a little baffled by the timeline too, but sometimes you gotta throw out logic.

Screw the timeline and for the tenth time why aren't they KILLING zombies? Mind blown. They have towers and walls and stairs and... honestly Michonne could've singlehandedly killed every one of the zombies in that house through the edges of the sofa with her blade. One by one. And eventually there would've even been. A pile of so many dead zombies that other zombies couldn't get through!

I said all along they needed to burn them in the pit not release them. So I mean if the best plan is to walk an enormous herd by your little fortified town and hope they just keep on wandering on their merry way then clearly the concept of eliminating them is beyond them.

And also that tower had no business falling into the fence. It was hit on the opposite side, simple physics dictates that it falls on the side of the weakened structure, as in away from the fence.

There are too many potholes to count, but I'm still baffled by the shows apparent confusion with its own time line. Wouldn't any of the writers draw up a chart or something when they plan the season? That's just dumb. The rest is lazy writing for the sake of DRAMA.

I think plot holes is the term you're looking for. :wink: I agree with some of the things you've said, but you can't just burn the walkers. They'll keep coming, but they'll just be charred. You have to, obviously, destroy their brains. I'm a pro wrestling fan, so I'm used to casting aside logic to reach a storyline's climax.

I think plot holes is the term you're looking for. :wink:

??? I blame my phone.

Yes, but if you pour some gasoline on them and burn the whole lot surely you'd burn some brains. Even if you don't kill them all it should make it easier to just stab the rest.
And failing that, if you just kill a few every hour at the fence you'd eventually get through them. Faster than trying to fortify the fence more than likely.

Yeah, they could probably wipe out a bunch with that method. Hell, if it were me, I'd just get the Hell out of Georgia and try to reach an area of the country where possibly nobody is and therefore not have to deal with assholes. But, they were on the run for five seasons. They, more than likely, want the group to remain stationary and get more "good" people on their side in Alexandria. They're trying to chorale the walkers and deal with the bad people instead. The Wolves are just batshit. The Saviors appear to have more intelligence.

If there is some confusion about the timeline this season, I would suggest that it is shared by whoever writes this stuff, and is a mark of basic incompetence and/or disinterest. logically, yes, this half season has taken place over probably two days at most, but hey, it feels like a month, right, cause we get an episode a week! Let's roll with that (says the writing room before hitting the bars).

Seriously, show, don't make your characters be unnaturally incompetent! Seriously, Carol trips? Seriously??? Every character in this show trips and becomes super clumsy as soon as they are running from the Big Threat. It's so fucking insulting.

I'd be happier with the walkers not being the real threat, and other survivors being the threat. Let's face it, at this point they do know how to handle walkers and when faced with even a devastating situation like they're in right now, if a walker kills a person it's because they're stupid. Every character is stupid.

At this point, the walkers should not be that big of a thing. If I thought that the makers of the show gave one solitary fucking thought to such subtle touches, I'd take the relatively undecomposed appearance, even now, of many walkers as some sort of indication that the ranks are being replenished. That would be another matter altogether.

But I don't. Most of the walkers should be so far gone that basic bodily tissues aren't even cohering enough to maintain physical activity.

The real threat (for whatever reason) is clearly other people. As apparently every group of people out there other than Rick's and Alexandria's is composed of lunatics, chancers or bandits.

They should make a new super villain! How about an Amish Ninja!

Oh, yeah. Walkers might be there too.

Back
Top Bottom