The Walking Dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sticking with my personal timeline that it's been several years at least. Judith doesn't look like becoming anything more than furniture anytime soon, so yeah.

Yeah well the one point of reference we have is that when they first met the inmates at the prison they had said something about it being a little over a year. I'd estimate that they spent 9-12 months in the prison. Then another 12-18 months have passed since then.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The Walking Dead does this all the time, they flip back and forth between characters and stories. This isn't anything new. Of course they probably wont address the Glenn thing for a while because they want you to tune in. That's just how it works. I fully knew by the preview last week that the episode was going to be all about Morgan this week and that's totally fine with me. It's a nice change from having anxiety and on the edge of my seat the whole time. :wink:
exactly. the preview just showed morgan putting bodies into a bonfire. i mean first of all when i saw the preview i was like "ooh, big whoop" (admittedly the previews obviously never make any sense out of context but sometimes, like this, the previews are kinda like...so?). granted for all i knew, glenn could've been one of the bodies. i still don't know what to think about the scene, but i definitely think given that glenn's still credited for the rest of this half-season on imdb (this is mostly meaningless, i know) it either means he's alive, or they're going to stretch the resolution out.

maybe gabriel will show up and save glenn and they can redeem his character.

You know you're Father Gabriel when, even in the zombie apocalypse, you're a man who should not be given a weapon. Carver or Carter from The Wire plays him like a guy one snapped twig away from a mass murder.

Yeah well the one point of reference we have is that when they first met the inmates at the prison they had said something about it being a little over a year. I'd estimate that they spent 9-12 months in the prison. Then another 12-18 months have passed since then.

Yeah, that sounds about right. So in actuality, it easily could be three going on four years. Which makes the baby the odd thing out.

I might have to chuck this show of my weekly must see TV. It's like they want you to wait until the season is done and then binge watch it in one go.

Jesus, I just realized this was the fifth episode and we're still in the same day.

The same 12 or so hours in fact and the Alexandrians are slitting their wrists and want to loot the pantry already? Glenn has been missing for a few hours, surely you'd give them some time before you plan a daring rescue? Or you know, use that tunnel to lead the zombies away.

And also are we supposed to think that Rick's hand is fine? You'd think he'd at least clean it if he was worried. And the sprint back was pretty damn underwhelming.

This irked me in just about every season. Especially in the prison.

Say there are 5000 zombies outside the walls there. Pretend. It didn't look like more than 2000. But, say it's 5000.

If they work 5 people at a time killing 10 an hour each, for ten hours a day, it'll take only ten days to kill every single one of those zombies. And in the process, stoping the wear and tear on the wall.

A meager pace at best. Permanently and forever eliminating that particular horde from ever returning.

Why haven't they bothered to try and fix their problem?

"We have to be quiet as the grave," Rick shouts while standing ten feet away from a corrugated iron fence (how Rick's not dead, we'll leave to the plot fairies. He's a winner, he's a fighter).

"Damn right," townsman hollers.

Meanwhile Nancy Pelosi Deanna has that crazy cracker look that people get when they're either about to rebuild civilisation or go postal.

Oh Maggie. You are one of the 'survivors' but you nearly got yourself killed right there in a sewer. Why are people on this show made unreasonably clumsy and hopeless? A place like this Alexandria, even as 'soft' as its inhabitants supposedly are, ought to be flourishing. With a bit of basic vigilance, they ought to be doing very nicely actually.

If it weren't for that herd that Rick decided to set prowling. You know, they could have shored up the makeshift barrier out of that gravel pit instead of watching it fall over.

Deanna's just now sketching out some crop fields? COME ON!

basically, everything kieran said.

i guess we'll see what the next three episodes hold but, ugh. it's getting frustrating. i'm glad that people are finally kissing one another, not like i want this to be a romcom but just that there should be a light side to all the darkness i guess. and that it seems like it'd be more realistic that people would be at least hooking up (if not actually entering relationships e.g. glenn and maggie) in the zombie apocalypse and not just brooding over their imminent death.

Rick says: "We have to make this place as quiet as a graveyard."

A Woman in the town replies: "This place is a graveyard."

At least get your quotes right. :wink:

Naturally, a poor choice of words by Rick, but you get the meaning.

Plus, you know how many "close calls" Maggie has gotten during the entirety of the show? She no longer sweats coming close to death.

Next weeks episode should return to the suspense and action.

Things are gonna blow up for Abe, Sasha and Daryl.

Think we'll meet the saviors for the first time, as mr crossbow will get captured

What Dr Edwin Jenner actually whispered in Rick's ear the end of season 1: "You're on a reality show, Tru- Rick... Someone built a dome over Georgia and you're on tv. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to crack another brewski and kill myself."

Last edited:
That would actually make a weirdly interesting premise for a film anyhow... a weird virus that causes certain otherwise normal people to see everyone around them as rotting animated corpses. So basically just deranged people running around with machetes.

Oh gee golly I wonder who that was on the walkie talkie.

I think it's time to decide on an end to the series. I thought Lost did it right by deciding that season 6 would be its last years prior, even though many hated the ending.

But you have the issue of "it follows the comics."

At least we appear to have a new enemy. But seriously, what was this startling revelation that Abraham "doesn't" have to kill walkers that are a mere sheet of glass away? Like, what the hell? That's "self control"??? No it's not. It's shear stupidity. This idea that zombies don't have to be killed is so frustrating. They're in limited supply! Start removing them!

Norman Reedus already confirmed its not Glenn lol.

I think its either Rick or those assholes trying to lure them into a trap.

Norman Reedus already confirmed its not Glenn lol.

I think its either Rick or those assholes trying to lure them into a trap.

Oh really? Oh I missed that. I thought for sure that was the angle they were taking. Actually had no doubts. Hmm....

That would actually make a weirdly interesting premise for a film anyhow... a weird virus that causes certain otherwise normal people to see everyone around them as rotting animated corpses. So basically just deranged people running around with machetes.

I walk around with my machete out all the time, nobody really seems to care or be bothered by it.

Back
Top Bottom